Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 2.4 gigahertz band not working but 5 gigahertz band working fine and unable to login

Bigandbad21
Aspirant

R7000 2.4 gigahertz band not working but 5 gigahertz band working fine and unable to login

I am running the Nighthawk r7000 and my 2.4 gigahertz band is not working but my 5 gigahertz band does also I'm unable to login to the interface to change any of the settings, I've tried doing a hard reset and a regular reset but nothing has worked I've also tried changing the location by taking out of the house and so on and so forth nothing has worked if anyone is able to help that would be greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7000 2.4 gigahertz band not working but 5 gigahertz band working fine and unable to login

First, make sure you are doing the factory reset properly.  Push and hold the reset button for about 8 to 10 seconds until the lights flash off and on.  This video has a pretty good demonstration.  It shows a different model the procedure is the same.

Second, connect a single computer to the R7000.  Do not connect the R7000 to anything else except power, of course.  Make sure your computer is set to obtain an IP address automatically.  This is the default behavior but I only mention in case you configured your computer to use a static IP address.

Third, log into the router and set it up.  If you performed the factory reset correctly, then the R7000 should be reachable via 192.168.1.1.  You can enter this address into your computer's browser or use http://routerlogin.net.  The default username and password are admin and password, respectively.   While you are at it, you may want to consider installing the current, official firmware (1.0.5.64).  You may have read about or your router may even have a version with a higher number (e.g. 1.0.6.xx).  Don't use them; they have been recalled due to bugs.  You can find all firmware here.  If you do end up installing new firmware, then perform another factory reset after installation.  This will insure that any incompatible configuration settings are wiped out.  Do not restore settings from a backup configuration file saved with a different version; they may be incompatible.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7000 2.4 gigahertz band not working but 5 gigahertz band working fine and unable to login

First, make sure you are doing the factory reset properly.  Push and hold the reset button for about 8 to 10 seconds until the lights flash off and on.  This video has a pretty good demonstration.  It shows a different model the procedure is the same.

Second, connect a single computer to the R7000.  Do not connect the R7000 to anything else except power, of course.  Make sure your computer is set to obtain an IP address automatically.  This is the default behavior but I only mention in case you configured your computer to use a static IP address.

Third, log into the router and set it up.  If you performed the factory reset correctly, then the R7000 should be reachable via 192.168.1.1.  You can enter this address into your computer's browser or use http://routerlogin.net.  The default username and password are admin and password, respectively.   While you are at it, you may want to consider installing the current, official firmware (1.0.5.64).  You may have read about or your router may even have a version with a higher number (e.g. 1.0.6.xx).  Don't use them; they have been recalled due to bugs.  You can find all firmware here.  If you do end up installing new firmware, then perform another factory reset after installation.  This will insure that any incompatible configuration settings are wiped out.  Do not restore settings from a backup configuration file saved with a different version; they may be incompatible.

Message 2 of 3
Bigandbad21
Aspirant

Thank you for your help! it took a little bit more work because i had the 1.0.6.xx version of firmware to get it to work but i got it and it is all running good now.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7