R7000 2.4Ghz - Connection Reset by Server 5Ghz - Pages Load

SocioPentothol
Follower

R7000 2.4Ghz - Connection Reset by Server 5Ghz - Pages Load

Firmware V1.0.7.2_1.1.93

I've been using 2 R7000's for almost a year now.  Connected to the 2.4Ghz side, the morning after the election, I tried to load a news website and found myself waiting for the page to load.  After a a minute or so... "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading"  I tried again, and noticed the browser was connecting to the page, but was timing out.  I tried mutiple websites.  Some would load, while others would time out with... "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading".  I tried the same websites on both routers and would get different results with no clear cut pattern other than it appeared that data dense sites were the one's stalling out.  Simple pages loaded quickly.  I went ahead and rebooted the R7000's and the issue went away.  Within an hour or so, the issue returned.  At this point I contacted Verizon to see if they were having problems and was told that they were not.  I asked them to open a ticket for me nonetheless.  After several days of speaking with Verizon, rebooting, factory resets, and more probing by Verizon... Suddenly connections were fine.  Then this morning..."The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading"  Both routers and both on the 2.4Ghz connection.  The 5Ghz connection on both routers work flawlessly. 

I use 2 R7000's for seperate LAN connections to ISP (Verizon LTE router).  R7000's are set to static IP's outside of the Verizon LTE's DHCP range. 

Setup:  (2) R7000's set to static IP's on the LAN.  Wireless setup in the 2.4Ghz range...The first set to channel 1, the second set to channel 6.  20/40 Mhz Coexist on both.

Verizon LTE router's wireless is OFF.  R7000's are hardwired to Verizon LTE. 

BTW... This board loads fine... but cnn.com and other data dense sites do not.

Thoughts?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
JamesGL
Master

Re: R7000 2.4Ghz - Connection Reset by Server 5Ghz - Pages Load

Hi SocioPentothol,

If you connect a device directly to the Verizon LTE router, will you be able to access the websites without timeout?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements