Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 2.4ghz not working but 5ghz is fine

oertje
Aspirant

I'm waiting weeks and it is terrible, my ip cams and other stuff are depending of 2,4Ghz.

Why is there no solution. Please help us.

Constantly the wifi 2,4 is gone 

Message 151 of 426
lrubio
Aspirant

The Netgear Team sent me a link to Firmware 1.0.5.48. I installed it but didn't resolve my problems which are the same as everyone else in this thread. So I downloaded and flashed one version older 1.0.4.30 and it works perfectly. I know everyone here knows this, but sometimes we get rushed to fix the problems and forget to unzip or extract the files after downloading and before trying to install them. You can open the folder, see the files but they will not execute. This is more for my benefit as I struggled with this for several attempts before I realized I hadn't extracted the files from the zipped folder after the download.

Message 152 of 426
oertje
Aspirant

Hoi,

What do you mean with flash?

And version......30 is on the downloadcenter from netgear?

thkx

Message 153 of 426
oertje
Aspirant

I also received by mail Firmware 1.0.5.48.

So it works not? pppf ffff

Message 154 of 426
lrubio
Aspirant

Flash = install

Yes, the firmware I cited is available on the Netgear download website. That is where I downloaded it last night. http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/

Larry

Message 155 of 426
lrubio
Aspirant

oertje, it didn't work for me.

Message 156 of 426
oertje
Aspirant

Thanks Larry, but mwahhhh, someone said it didnot work.

What a MESS

Message 157 of 426
lrubio
Aspirant

The firmware version Netgear sent to me did not work for me. The firmware version I cited above did work for me. The only way to determine if it will work for you is to try it.

I was really happy with my router's performance prior to the latest firmware update. As we know, the new update goofed things up for us or we wouldn't be on this thread. So, reverting back to a firmware version that worked was a no brainer for me. My router is again working great and I'm again happy with it.

I wanted to share my experience and results in the event it might help someone else as this can be a very frustrating experience.

Larry

Message 158 of 426
Nifer
NETGEAR Employee

I confirmed that engineering has a new release candidate, on which they hope to complete testing soon. Again, I regret the inconvenience this is causing you all, and thank you for your patience.

Message 159 of 426
LeeH
Prodigy

@Nifer  Could we please get this latest version of the firmware pulled since it is causing so many problems?  To bad Netgear sent out these update available emails it is drawing almost all registered users of the R7000 into this debacle.

Message 160 of 426
DPR
Initiate
Initiate

Went looking for answers to my Nighthawk 2.4ghz problems and found this forum. My router is also experiencing the 2.4ghz channel not working since the last two updates. I've owned this router since December 2013 and have been impressed with it's performance and reliability, until now. Very disappointed this issue has gone on for so many weeks and through two updates. Downloaded the older firmware last night and with information from this thread will be rolling back my router today. Hope this works, and that Netgear has a fix soon! Thanks to everyone for all the responses in this thread. Great information that is helpful.

Message 161 of 426
JRapp
Aspirant

Ditto for me, i.e. nothing but problems with 2.4GHz connections since updating to recent version(s) of the R7000 firmware.  Reverting to 1.0.4.30 via the Netgear download site appears to have fixed that.

LIke many of us on this thread, I'm upset by what I see as Netgear's cavalier attitude toward their customers.  Releasing a firmware update that causes this problem for so many customers is bad enough; the subsequent delays in identifying, acknowledging and offering a resolution just make it worse.

Message 162 of 426
tn77
Star

In fact, it seems NETGEAR didn't care about this issue whatsoever until I wrote to their CEO.
Message 163 of 426
oertje
Aspirant

I have also downloaded 1.0.4.30 and it seems stable and better

But something strange: Arlo is as netwerk but in the router genie I cannot find a thing about arlo for how to switch off

Message 164 of 426
JamesGL
Master

Hi oertje,

Please reset the router to factory default after reverting it to 1.0.430.

Hi All,

All issues for the latest firmwares has been forwarded to engineers and working for a fix. We will provide an update once new firmware is available for release.

Message 165 of 426
oertje
Aspirant

@JamesGL all well, but now it works great without portforwarding again, so i take arlo for benefit wifi works great now so in the mean time no upgrade anymore I have learnd my lesson en when my router ever gets broken, no netgear anymore,

You are losing customers, so bad is the aftersale. and anyone that will hear I talk about.

Sorry, but is your own fault bad advertising cost your company millions

Message 166 of 426
rpoffen
Virtuoso

It seems that after changing the FW, either up or down, particularly between 1.0.5, 1.0.6, and 1.0.4, that a hard reset to factory defaults, followed by a manual reconfigure has helped a number of people.

Note that this is NOT the same as simply power cycling or rebooting. You can erase the settings to factory defaults by logging in to the WEB GUI, clicking on the "Advanced" tab, selecting "Administration" in the left hand pane and then "Backup Settings". On that page, click "Erase" and follow the prompts.

Alternatively, you can use a straightened paperclip to press the button through the hole in the back of the router. Keep it pressed (with power on) for at least 10 seconds until the LED light flashes.

After this, it should be as if it was bought new, and you will have to go through the configuration process. Do NOT restore a saved config. As near as I can tell from analyzing the backup file, it is a binary file that is probably an image of the configuration database memory. As different FW use different areas or have a different layout of the database, then it seems certain settings can "leak" between versions. This is evidenced by reports of some people reverting back to 1.0.4.x from 1.0.6.28 and seeing SSID's with "Arlo" in them, even though 1.0.4.x did not have Arlo support.

Message 167 of 426
Nifer
NETGEAR Employee

LeeH, great idea, let me talk to engineering. I agree that our email campaign to encourage adoption of the new firmware has exacerbated this, and I apologize for that.

Oertje, it sounds as though you may have a unique issue. Do you have screen shots or logs that you are willing to share? We could all benefit from understanding what you're seeing.  Thank you!

Message 168 of 426
Nifer
NETGEAR Employee

And tn77, I agree with you. In late November, we added a new tool to our community that should help us identify emerging issues in the community more quickly, so that we can engage engineering earlier. We hope this will avoid similar situations in the future. But I'm sure all participants in this thread appreciate your highlighting the issue!

Message 169 of 426
oertje
Aspirant

versie 1.03 is ook not stable.

truck with the paperclip I gues

Why is there no solution, 

Message 170 of 426
oertje
Aspirant

@JamesGL it seems Ok the reset with paperclip, but very strange is that portforwarding was just done, that is strange by a reset 20sec with power on and power off, wifi password was changed, arla was gone versie 1.0.430.

Router lives its own life

Hope the 2,4ghz is also stable after a long periode

Message 171 of 426
Kernald
Guide

Support asked me to flash 1.0.4.30 and factory reset. I did it yesterday. Ran fine for ~24h, just lost my wifi on 2.4 GHz. I'll flash 1.0.4.28 and factory reset again later today…

Message 172 of 426
RoadyBoy
Aspirant

I just upgraded from 1.03.60 to 1.06.28, figured I was long over due. Recent email campaign helped motivate me. Should have left well enough alone. Hit this same issue, 5g wireless working fine, 2.4g looks to be online but devices cannot connect saying bad password. Very frustrating. I have a number of Netgear devices and have recommended to a number of friends. I just downgraded to 1.04.30 and so far it is working again. Wasted hours on this. Given the number of messages in this thread I would think and hope Netgear is taking this seriously.
Message 173 of 426
tn77
Star

The second hot fix they provided appears to be working. I guess I'll know in a few days for sure. So far no drops in 48 hours.
Message 174 of 426
oertje
Aspirant

What is the second hotfix? which version of software?

thnx

Message 175 of 426
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7