Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 2.4ghz not working but 5ghz is fine

markheckman
Aspirant

V1.0.4.30_1.1.67 works for me.  Didn't do a factory reset but it now lets devices on 2.4ghz.  Frustrating way to spend a few hours.

Message 176 of 426
Nifer
NETGEAR Employee

Oertje, the second hot fix was a special beta firmware that we haven't yet posted because engineering is still testing it. If you're interested in testing that version, please send me a private message. 

Tn77, I'm very happy to hear that's working for you so far. Please let us know if you experience any problems. Thank you again for raising this issue and for your willingness to help us solve this for all the people on this thread!

Message 177 of 426
oertje
Aspirant

thanks, but now is my router 24 hour ok. I'll wait

Message 178 of 426
Nifer
NETGEAR Employee

Kernald, I am very sorry to hear that the .30 version did not work for you, and I greatly appreciate your patience in rolling back yet again to the .28. Please let us know how that is working for you. I think Tom has been in contact with you about a release candidate firmware, and if you're willing to try one more time, that option seems to be working for tn77. But if you're fed up and just want to stick with something that works, I understand completely. Thanks!

Message 179 of 426
Kernald
Guide

@Nifer Sadly I never received the RC firmware. I didn't have the chance yet to rollback to .4.28, I'll try to do so tonight or tomorrow (or if I can get the RC firmware in the meantime, I'll be happy to test it).

Message 180 of 426
J_Gonzalez
Tutor

im

Message 181 of 426
J_Gonzalez
Tutor

I'm having the same issue.  Router is only a couple of months old.  I upgraded to 1.0.6.28_1.1.83 when I first set it up (as I normally do on most hardware).  I rolled it back to the previous version (i think it was 1.0.5.xxx) same problem.

I haven't yet tried going to 1.0.4.28_1.1.64,  but before I do, I would like to try the RC version of the firmware.  Just bothers me to go backwards.

Also, I just noticed that on the download page for the R7000, versions 1.05... and 1.06... of the firmware have been removed.  The newest firmware available for download is 1.0.4.3

Message 182 of 426
houseofbugs
Tutor

I had this same issue with my R7000. Factory resetting and installing the 1.0.4.30 firmware fixes the issues you are all having. I found this thread when I was having issues a few weeks ago. I just did a write up on my blog:

NetGear R7000 Nighthawk – Wireless and Firmware Issues + Review

Message 183 of 426
oertje
Aspirant

My router is now with version 10.4.30 stable for more than 48 hours, seems its ok now, but never a update for me lololol

Message 184 of 426
Nifer
NETGEAR Employee

Hi Tim - thanks for your feedback. You are correct about the firmware. Through the contributions of people on this thread, we discovered a couple of bugs in the most recent version of firmware. We removed that firmware version from our site.

We encourage any customers who are experiencing issues to download version 1.0.4.30 from our website. If you are not having any issues, there is no need for you to change your firmware.

We have a release candidate version of firmware that we think resolves the bugs, and we hope to release this into production soon. 

I apologize for inconveniencing everyone. I am extremely grateful to everyone on this thread who raised this issue.

Thank you!

Nifer

Message 185 of 426
Nifer
NETGEAR Employee

Oertje, thanks for the update on your router with the .30 firmware. I'm sorry about the issues with the update but I am at least thankful that this version is working well for you. Please let me know if you see any new problems. Thanks!

Message 186 of 426
stuckincube
Apprentice

@stuckincube wrote:

@KazzMANIA wrote:
Stuckincube - I tested 4.30 thoroughly and it failed in exactly the same way as all later versions. I rolled back to 4.28 four days ago and, so far, rock solid.

ok, since I already flashed it and set everything up again I'll let it run to see how long it goes before failing and post an update; but I guess I will expect to set everything up AGAIN.  Netgear better get their s|-|it together soon... arg.

UPDATE - I've been running 4.30 for just over a week with no issues after rollback from 6.28 on Feb 2.

Message 187 of 426
Nifer
NETGEAR Employee

Great, thank you very much for the update! 

We we are hopeful that we can have a production fix soon.

Again, thanks to all of you for your patience and valuable feedback!

Message 188 of 426
Bhyte
Aspirant

Have been following this thread for the last month or so since 2.4ghz stopped working.

Factory reset fixed 2.4ghz issue but then I ran into issues this week where speed (20mb/0.5mb) was nowhere near what I would/should get by going directly through cable modem (100mb/10mb). Downgraded the firmware to ..4.30.. and speeds are back to normal now too.

My first Netgear router, bought a few months ago...doesn't give good first impressions guys.
Message 189 of 426
tn77
Star

If they get this thing fixed I believe the reliability issue will be fixed. This router was perfect for me for 16 months until they messed it up. Have no fear!
Message 190 of 426
KazzMANIA
Apprentice

My experience exactly.
Message 191 of 426
houseofbugs
Tutor

To be fair every company has their share of issues with firmware updates (even Cisco's high end stuff). They appear to have seen that there's an issue and are working on it. I have used Netgear for years and they are solid products.

They were just trying to give people more features on this model for free to work with their Arlo cameras. I don't doubt that they will get a new release up soon. For now just run 1.0.4.30 and you will be good. Going on 1 month now with 0 issues after having issues with 1.0.6.28.

I did a writeup here: http://www.timothyhoogland.com/2016/02/ttt-netgear-r7000-nighthawk-wireless-and-firmware-issues-revi...

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 192 of 426
cruxrealm
Aspirant

Have the same issue.   But wanted to ask the forum,  did if anyone try R7000-V1.0.5.52_1.1.81.chk version?

I have downloaded it but I am wondering if anyone have experience the same issue with it.

Message 193 of 426
Qfwfq
Aspirant

Any idea when I can download the latest corrected firmware version directly via my router? Thanks.

Message 194 of 426
Bhyte
Aspirant

I was on 1.0.5.52 and had serious speed issues. Had to go back to 1.0.4.30 (the latest that hasn't been pulled from their site), and reboot the router a couple times before it stabilized.

I respect that Netgear is adding free features. I'm a software engineer myself, however, the rest of the family in the house is not and don't care when the $200 router I just bought can't even play their simple YouTube videos 🙂
Message 195 of 426
rpoffen
Virtuoso

@Qfwfq wrote:

Any idea when I can download the latest corrected firmware version directly via my router? Thanks.

I don't think you will be able to do it directly, as there is not yet a new version to correct the 1.0.6.28 problems. You will have downgrade by going to downloadcenter.netgear.com and search for the available downloads by router model. 1.0.4.28 and 1.0.4.30 appear to be the latest stable versions. This will get you a .zip file which you can unpack in Windows simply by double clicking on it, and extracting the .chk file to a known disk location.

Then you login to your router and through the advanced menu, you will be able to change the FW by browsing to the location on your PC you saved the .chk file to.

Message 196 of 426
Nifer
NETGEAR Employee

Thanks, rpoffen, for your detailed response!

We hope to have updated firmware in about two weeks that should fix this issue. We have a release candidate that has passed functional testing and is now in QA testing.

As soon as we have a production-ready fix, I'll post a link on this thread to the download center.

I apologize for the problem with the last release and appreciate everyone's patience with us. Thank you for improving our software quality. 

Message 197 of 426
stuckincube
Apprentice

@Nifer wrote:

Thanks, rpoffen, for your detailed response!

We hope to have updated firmware in about two weeks that should fix this issue. We have a release candidate that has passed functional testing and is now in QA testing.

As soon as we have a production-ready fix, I'll post a link on this thread to the download center.

I apologize for the problem with the last release and appreciate everyone's patience with us. Thank you for improving our software quality. 

Thanks for the update.

Have the QA tests been updated to catch 2.4GHz issues so this issue never happens again?

Message 198 of 426
jblackst2800
Tutor

rpoffen

Thanks for keeping me posted on the issue I was having with my Netgear R7000 router after updating to the new firmware. I am glad to hear that Netgear is working on it and will have a fix in a couple weeks. I backward upgraded my firmware to V1.0.48 and everything is working fine now. I do understand that comapnies need to keep up to support more people using the latest devices and need to provide firmware to support these. However, I am disappointed that when I called them with my 5 month old (stil under warranty) router that they wanted to charge me additinal money to receive phone support to resolve my issue. I feel that they need to step up when they released a firmware updae that was faulty and provide me the phone support I was asking for. I want to thank everyone on this community forum to help me solve my problem. I am going to hold off on any new firmware releases until Netgear says it has been fixed and I am also hearing the same from everyone on this forum.

Thanks again for your help.

Jim

Message 199 of 426
KazzMANIA
Apprentice

I've been running 1.0.4.28 for two weeks without issue but am curious where we are at with release candidate: any news?
Message 200 of 426
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7