Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000

Subhendu
Tutor

R7000 5 Ghz wireless disconnection

Using Nighthawk R7000 router since more than 3 years, was working excellent, never to complain. Past 1 week facing 5 Ghz wireless disconnection problem very frequently. 2.4 Ghz works fine. Firmware version v1.0.10.90_10.2.90. When can we expect Netgear to release new version of firmware fixing this bug? This is most urgent as many customers/home users are suffering badly and hence request Netgear to look into this on priority. Thanks.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
labatt
Mentor

@Subhendu wrote:

Thank you for your response. Yes they have removed all features - is Netgear under lawsuite for IP infingement? Can't consumers in US file in US consumer court for this gross violation of consumer rights?

From today I see that even 2.4 Ghz is unstable, resets just like the 5Ghz band. One very funny thing which i observed is my router displays firmware version V1.0.10.90 which is through auto update, where as the Netgear site says the latest version as 1.0.9.88. Evidently there are some major issues here. Also I do not see any option to manually install lower version of firmware. Thank you and appreciate your response very much.

There is not lawsuit that I am aware of. Some have said there should be, but that would be a long envolved process. They did not even announce they were going to remove the features you paid for, just a note with the firmware update if you went to the download site. 

Yes you can downgrade. Need to do a manual update/downgrade which, for best results, is a PC/MAC Ethernet connected to the router. This by the way, IMHO, is the only way to prevent problems with upgrades as well. Do it manually, and keep auto update off. When you download the zip file it should contain a text file with notice about the version and also how to install. 

This and the user manual can be gotten by going to 

https://www.netgear.com/support/

and put in your router model. To get to the older firmware look for the little + sign. That will take you to the older firmware files. Downloads as a zip so you will need to expand it. Be sure to reset the router before the install and again after just to play it safe. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
labatt
Mentor

If auto update was on, the default, you may have gotten updated to the latest firmware version. If so then you can try a router reset and reconfigure as when firmware is updated a reset and reconfigure may be needed. If you have been updated to latest then you can try down grading to an older verison of the firmware. 

As far as Netgear fixing your issues, I would not hold my breath. They have issues that are over a year old and have released multiple firmware updates without fixing the known bugs and just for excitement, might do things like throw in money grab Armor and remove features like DLNA and Time Machine that folks are using. 

Not the same Netgear as I remember. Went else where. 

Message 2 of 4
Subhendu
Tutor

Thank you for your response. Yes they have removed all features - is Netgear under lawsuite for IP infingement? Can't consumers in US file in US consumer court for this gross violation of consumer rights?

From today I see that even 2.4 Ghz is unstable, resets just like the 5Ghz band. One very funny thing which i observed is my router displays firmware version V1.0.10.90 which is through auto update, where as the Netgear site says the latest version as 1.0.9.88. Evidently there are some major issues here. Also I do not see any option to manually install lower version of firmware. Thank you and appreciate your response very much.

Message 3 of 4
labatt
Mentor

@Subhendu wrote:

There is not lawsuit that I am aware of. Some have said there should be, but that would be a long envolved process. They did not even announce they were going to remove the features you paid for, just a note with the firmware update if you went to the download site. 

Yes you can downgrade. Need to do a manual update/downgrade which, for best results, is a PC/MAC Ethernet connected to the router. This by the way, IMHO, is the only way to prevent problems with upgrades as well. Do it manually, and keep auto update off. When you download the zip file it should contain a text file with notice about the version and also how to install. 

This and the user manual can be gotten by going to 

https://www.netgear.com/support/

and put in your router model. To get to the older firmware look for the little + sign. That will take you to the older firmware files. Downloads as a zip so you will need to expand it. Be sure to reset the router before the install and again after just to play it safe. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7