Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 5G

Mister-X
Guide

R7000 5G

For those of you having trouble with 5G Signals, within my settings I have Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistenceunchecked(meaning Off), QoS is unchecked(Off) but WMM should be checked(meaning On) because WMM is needed for 5G Bandwidth to work properly. I also suggest you go into the NETGEARgenie and use the WiFi Analytics Button under the Connect WiFi Tab(NETGEAR>WiFi Connection>>Connect WiFi>>>WiFi Analytics). There you should look at the Channel Interference Tab(Signal and Channel Graphs may be helpful as well) and see what Channels it shows as being best for your network. It's a very useful tool and should be utilized to help you choose your Channels manually(NETGEARgenie>WiFi Connection>>WiFi Channel>>>Change Channel).

The Router has worked very well for me with these settings using Firmware V1.0.9.64_10.2.64, it's probably been at its best! For now, I will have to hold off on using the V1.0.9.88_10.2.88 Firmware because of a Speed issue I encountered when upgrading to this current version. The radio Signal seemed to be more stable but the Speed(s) seemed to be affected. Speed was significantly slower by about 75 Mbps within the 5G Bandwidth via WiFi. I am not sure as to why this is occuring. However, after reverting to V1.0.9.64_10.2.64, everything works fine again without any issues and it's back to top speed(s).

Hope this helps!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx#download

and click at the plus sign on lower left that says "View Previous Versions"

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
Wladue613
Guide

Thanks. I'll try this out. Mine has been a disaster for the last few days, but only with the 5g band. 2.4 is running great.

But really quickly, how do I find the driver to roll back to?
Message 2 of 7
microchip8
Master

Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx#download

and click at the plus sign on lower left that says "View Previous Versions"

Message 3 of 7
Wladue613
Guide

Awesome. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7
Mister-X
Guide

Try this link, it's from Netgear itself: https://kb.netgear.com/000060566/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-9-64

After becoming aware of a New Firmware Upgrade being available, I go to Netgear.com>Support>>Type in R7000 in the Search>>Downloads>>> then find the Current Version of the Firmware there and download it into my Computer in order to save a copy.

That way if there are any issues with the New Firmware, which has been rare for me, you'll always have a copy of a previous version that worked for you until the bugs are worked out of the new one as is the case right now with the V1.0.9.88_10.2.88 Firmware. This is the first real issue I've had with a Firmware Upgrade.

Hope that helps and Good Luck!!

Message 5 of 7
Wladue613
Guide

Great advice. Thank you.
Message 6 of 7
Mister-X
Guide

Thanks for bringing that to my attention microchip8.

I'm embarrassed to say I never noticed that option at the bottom of the page because I just always clicked on the Firmware Link at the top.

It's valuable information to be aware of, so it's appreciated!! 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7