Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 5ghz Disappearing

stev1bp
Aspirant

5ghz on this router is completly useless.  Completly unstable.  Most devices can't connect.  Some times my phones can connect but then can't.  reboot's may work then it's doesn't matter.  I wanted this for 5g for gaming on xbox ones.  Taking this junk back to the store.

Message 51 of 64
JamesGL
Master

Hi @stev1bp,

Have you tried using the beta firmware?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-firmware-v1-0-5-44-limited-release/m-p...

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 52 of 64
stev1bp
Aspirant

Were there any improvements to 5g in that code?

Message 53 of 64
JamesGL
Master

Hi @stev1bp,

I sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 54 of 64
tstaal
Aspirant

Similar issues. 5 ghz disappearing frequently. Restart, reset, update to the latest firmware  .48 and nothing. Try tech support and piss away almost 2 hrs listening to elevator music before they tell me sorry can't help you. You need to go to the community  for help. Not likely to buy another Netgear product again.

Message 55 of 64
JamesGL
Master

Hi tstaal,

Have you performed a factory reset after the update? After the reset, manually reconfigure the router instead of loading the back up config.

Message 56 of 64
damonlee
Aspirant

Upgraded to latest firmware as of today, did a software reboot after firmware upgrade (auto reboot) but still no 5Ghz. I recall seeing it after a power cycle though so I'll try that tonight when people aren't using it. This happens so frequently I would hope it's easily reproduced in Netgear's QA group. Just leave it on for a few days or less than a week and you're sure to see it. I may have to buy a power switch that turns off and back on at certain times just to ensure I'll have 5Ghz reliably every day. Power cycling during the day isn't acceptable. A little frustrated, but when it works it's a speed demon and I love it.
Message 57 of 64
tstaal
Aspirant

Been there done that. REALLY disapointed with NetGear support. Simply request an RMA and I get this:

Sure feels like to bad so sad, If you want us to actually help you get the defective equipment fixed pay us...

5GHZ no longer broadcasts. Power cycled, reboot, latest firmware....still nothing. I'd like to get a replacement device.

NETGEAR Support12/5/2015 7:50 PM

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at NETGEAR Email support.

Your R7000 warranty details are as follows:

•Purchase date: December 25, 2014
•Basic technical support (from purchase date): 90 days
•Hardware warranty (from purchase date): 1 year

Based on the product registration, your device is no longer eligible for the 90 days free technical software support assistance from a support expert.

Please be informed that we have other support options available for you based on your support warranty:

•Self-help web articles http://support.netgear.com/product/
•NETGEAR Forums https://community.netgear.com/

Aside from the above free options, I highly recommend our GearHead Premium Services which will entitle you to phone support for this issue and in addition you also get unlimited support for all your other home networking devices. For more information, you may visit the GearHead website at http://gearhead.netgear.com.

Thank you for choosing NETGEAR and have a great day!

Message 58 of 64
JamesGL
Master

Hi tstaal,

I would suggest you contact voice support instead of the email support.

Message 59 of 64
Sanjii
Aspirant

I have the same issue, firmware version V1.0.6.28_1.1.83

All the settings are on:

Wireless Settings (5GHz)

Name (SSID)Mxxxxxxx50

RegionEurope

Channel36(P) + 40 + 44 + 48

ModeUp to 1300 Mbps

Wireless APOn

Broadcast NameOn

Wi-Fi Protected SetupConfigured

But on the topleft of the box (left of Wireless Settings (5GHz)) there's an X instead of a V (like next to the 2.4GHz settings)

Where:

X = red circle with white X inside

V = green square with a check mark inside

Message 60 of 64
JamesGL
Master

Hi Sanji,

Can you provide the screenshot so that we can have better understanding of your concern.

Message 61 of 64
MarsianMan
Aspirant

@JamesGL wrote:

Hi Sanji,

Can you provide the screenshot so that we can have better understanding of your concern.

I am not Sanji, but I have the exact same problem.  Firmware: V1.0.6.28_1.1.83

5 GHz radio enabled but not working

Message 62 of 64
JamesGL
Master

Hi MarsianMan,

Have you reset the router to factory default after the update? Please be informed that the firmware has been pulled out from support site due to some issues reported. If still same problem after the reset, you may revert to firmware version v1.0.4.30.

http://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7000

Message 63 of 64
bill__schroeder
Initiate

I've been running Firmware Version V1.0.6.28_1.1.83 for a few months now without any 5GHz dropping.  The big tip that helped me, was after doing the firmware update, I did a factory reset to reset all of the settings to default, and it also forces the router to get new internal drivers for itself.  Before I did this, I was always losing my 5GHz.

Message 64 of 64
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7