Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 AC1900 5Ghz intermittent connection failures

JMatsCA
Initiate

R7000 AC1900 5Ghz intermittent connection failures

Purchased R7000/AC1900 in April 2018 so it's been about 10 months (currently mid-Feb 2019).

About 3 months ago (mid-Nov 2018), I started noticing that the 5GHz connection occasionally drops.  The SSID for for 5GHz is still visible (I have unique SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz) and if I try to re-connect from a PC, I get an error message that the passcode is incorrect.  I can still connect on 2.4GHz and throughput is fine.

When I look at the dashboard, it reports no issues and even shows the 5GHz devices as still being conected.

If I wait a while (several minutes to an hour), it can restore.  Rebooting seems to fix the problem, but I have an occasion when it didn't work.

I reset the router to factory defaults and updated all the settings by hand (as opposed to using a backup config).  Disconnects still happen.  I updated to the latest firmware (1.0.9.64) and reset to factory defaults still happens.  The only thing I haven't done is revert the firmware to .34 or .32.  Thinking about doing that, but should I have a reasonable belief that it will help?  And if I do, will I be opening myself to any critical security issues that have since been patched.

I would like like to try and get to some kind of resolution soon as I believe the hardware is still covered.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Aqualung1
Luminary

Your troubles started just as they should, namely once you updated to .60. Revert to FW .42, and they will go away. Both .60 and .64 are bad.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Aqualung1
Luminary

Your troubles started just as they should, namely once you updated to .60. Revert to FW .42, and they will go away. Both .60 and .64 are bad.

Message 2 of 3
JMatsCA
Initiate

Thanks.  I will give .42 a shot and keep an eye on it.  Will update with results.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7