R7000 AC1900 Very slow Speed Tests

mwoerner
Follower

R7000 AC1900 Very slow Speed Tests

When connecting the modem to my computer, the download speed is about 95.  When the modem is connected to the router and from the router connected to my computer, the download speed is about 9.  Why is the router so slow?  I did a hard reboot of the router (holding in the red button for more than 15 sec) and nothing changed - the same slow speed.  What is going on?  What can i do to increase the speed to at least come close to the speed from the modem?  I am a rookie when it comes to configuring routers so any help would appreciated.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R7000 AC1900 Very slow Speed Tests

are you testing router the same way you tested the modem? If the wired router is bad try a new cable.

Message 2 of 9
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@mwoerner What's the firmware installed on your router? If you have not upgraded the firmware yet, see this article to download the latest firmware available.

After loading the firmware, factory reset the router then reconfigure it just like the first time you had it.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 3 of 9
Beau70
Aspirant

Reset many time on/off button
Isp by cable
Change cable but also tested the cable by laptop. Test was near 150mbit.
R7000 will not higher than 48mbit with wifi
5g not higher than 70

Hope you can help me.
Message 4 of 9
Beau70
Aspirant

The cable is cat 6
Message 5 of 9
Beau70
Aspirant

I think there is something wrong between the handshake between modem isp and r7000.
Message 6 of 9
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

How about if you try to do this:

1. Disable the LAN DHCP server of R7000. Goto to R7000 GUI "LAN Setup" page, and uncheck the box "Use Router as DHCP server", then click "Apply".

2. Now connect the Cable modem to port 1 on the router. 

3. Unplug the PC from R7000, wait 5 seconds, and plug in the PC back to the router. Now PC should get public IP address from the modem directly.

4. Check the speed on the PC and see if it will be the same speed when you directly connect the PC to the modem.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 7 of 9
Beau70
Aspirant

Hai Elaine,
Thnx. I am gone try this, this weekend.

Thnx for helping me
Message 8 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

reset by turning off and on is Not same as a reset to factory defaults ....try it

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements