R7000 Access Control & Limited WiFi

poconnor
Aspirant

R7000 Access Control & Limited WiFi

Hi all,

I set my R7000 up last night. I enabled Access Control and went through all of the connected devices using the Genie app and in my router I gave them all names so I could easily identify them.

On my network are a number of devices including 2x tablets, 2 phones, 2 laptops, a Fire TV and a Chromecast.

This morning I got up and the tablets, phones, Fire TV and Chromecast are all working fine. However, I booted my laptop up and although it was connecting to the wireless network it was showing as limited connectivity and I couldn't browse to any websites.

I went into the Genie app and disabled Access Control (I wanted this to stop devices from being able to join the network). I disabled Access Control and the limited connectivity notifcation disappeared and I can access the internet again. Last night when I set all this up the laptop was able to access the internet fine so I'm at a loss as to why it wouldn't work this morning?

I really want Access Control enabled so any help would be greatfully received.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R7000 Access Control & Limited WiFi

Greetings,

I strongly suggest that you not use Genie to configure settings on your router, also that you not rely on it for firmware updates.  I recommend you perform these operations manually. 

Please log directly into your router, configure your devices (add Names / MAC address', etc then enable Access Control.  After its enabled, gracefully reboot the router using the GUI.  All should work as expected after this.

~Comcast 1 Gbps/50 Mbps SB8200 > R8000P
~R8000P FW:1.4.1.68 ~R7000 FW:1.0.9.42
~R6400 FW:1.0.1.52 ~Orbi-AC3000 FW:2.5.1.8
~EX3700 FW:1.0.0.84

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E