Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000/Add additional ReadyCloud users-NO ReadyNAS

Hammer2375
Initiate

R7000/Add additional ReadyCloud users-NO ReadyNAS

Hello! I'm having a ton of trouble trying to find a way to add ReadyCloud accounts to my r7000 that has a compatible Seagate USB. I do NOT have a ReadyNAS.

Been through tech support and they finally ended the call and sent my 2 links via email that linked to KB docs that only deal with ReadyNAS and that I already read. Thanks in advance for any help the community can provide!!

Here's where I'm stuck. I registered my drive and MY ReadyCloud account works perfectly! However, I want to add my wife as well and that's not happening. We're headed to Disney World in a couple of weeks and I just want her to be able to upload her photos from the resort to the attached storage. That's it!! Again, my account works just fine from my iPhone, I just want the same for her.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi Hammer2375,

The device only registers one account for ReadyCloud. You can only access it via the account you have registered in the UI of the router. The add user feature is only applicable in ReadyNAS storage devices.

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Hammer2375,

Although this is about ReadyCloud, you have posted your topic in ReadyNAS board. Unfortunately, there is no ReadyCloud board under Home Networking, only under ReadyNAS.

Let me move your topic to the right board which is Home Networking - WiFi Routers - Nighthawk.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi Hammer2375,

The device only registers one account for ReadyCloud. You can only access it via the account you have registered in the UI of the router. The add user feature is only applicable in ReadyNAS storage devices.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 3 of 6
Hammer2375
Initiate

Thanks James! I had that feeling already, just wanted to be certain that I wasn't missing something. Hopefully Netgear will push that feature soon.
Message 4 of 6
Doug371
Initiate

I agree with Hammer. We would love to have the multi-user feature apply to non-readyNAS users also.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi Doug371,

We currently don't have this capability but would love for you to submit the suggestion to our Idea Exchange board so we can evaluate the demand for this feature, and prioritize development efforts accordingly.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7