• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

R7000 Cannot access internet or router login

I lost my main wifi channel last night. The other channels are telling me invalid password but using the default that I know hasn't been changed. Also, I cannot login to www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com on ie, firefox or chrome. I have cleared cache.Also have tried 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 I've done all the steps on the Netgear article regarding this issue. https://kb.netgear.com/1097/If-you-cannot-login-to-your-router. Pinging ip address 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 fails, no default gateway is showing but is showing an ip address under ipconfig. Can access the internet if I connect directly to modem. I've tried several ethernet cables and factory reset twice. Not sure what else to try?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 10
Highlighted

Re: R7000 Cannot access internet or router login

Greetings,

First thing to do is restart the device.  What do the LEDs look like after the device restarts fully (say after 2 min) ?

Next suggestion is a reset, but you said you tried this.  So telling us what the LEDs look like would be helpful. 

If the state of the router now is the result of a failed FW update, and resetting doesn't help, tell us what you did or what happened and how you know or believe the router got to the state is is now.  If you don't know, thats ok too.  It was working when you went to sleep and not when you woke up.  Etc?

Someone can provide next steps when we hear back.

~Comcast 1 Gbps/50 Mbps SB8200 > R8000P
~R8000P FW:1.4.1.50 ~R7000 FW:1.0.9.42
~R6400 FW:1.0.1.52 ~Orbi-AC3000 FW:2.5.1.8
~EX3700 FW:1.0.0.78

Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

All the leds look normal i.e. white. Showing internet connection, wifi and a cable plugged into port 1.

Not sure how it go into that state. Before I went to sleep my internet went out. When I woke up 1 of the 3 channels was missing and was back to default channels. The default password wasn't working and I couldn't access the router login. 

Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Master

@tdlee42 wrote:

All the leds look normal i.e. white. Showing internet connection, wifi and a cable plugged into port 1.

Not sure how it go into that state. Before I went to sleep my internet went out. When I woke up 1 of the 3 channels was missing and was back to default channels. The default password wasn't working and I couldn't access the router login. 

Define 'internet went out"? Do you mean the router was not supplying or your ISP went down?

"Pinging ip address 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 fails, no default gateway is showing but is showing an ip address under ipconfig."

So what was the GATEWAY IP Address?  Did it start with 169.254? That is the Windows default when there is no IP Address assigned by the Internet/LAN connection.

1 of 3 channels? Do you mean SSID's? R7000 only has 2 normally unless you enabled the Guest SSID('s)?

Using the NETGEAR BROWSER GUI I guess you can't get in to see anything... so you must do a RESET, using the recessed button in the back. You didn't specify how you did the factory reset, so I can't be sure you used the button?

Not knowing who went down makes me wonder if your router switched its IP Address if the ISP's modem went down?

Can you DIRECT connect a PC wired to the router? You didn't state how you connected to the Modem, but if not wired, that alone doesn't prove much? If the Modem also is a wireless router and it is on, that alone can cause problems.

Really need more details here.

Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have the same issue no lights on front and password does not allow me to log into router from my iphone or computer

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
Master

@rlmiller12 wrote:

I have the same issue no lights on front and password does not allow me to log into router from my iphone or computer

I don't think it is the same issue, maybe the same results, but not the same issue.

It sounds like a POWER SUPPLY problem with no lights. Can you even see an SSID? With no lights on the top, I don't think you could.

Need a lot more details here? Can you plug in a wired cable to the back. That should turn on a light?

Message 6 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

let me restate first two lights on the left are on, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz lights are not on and cannot log on with correct password

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
Master

@rlmiller12 wrote:

let me restate first two lights on the left are on, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz lights are not on and cannot log on with correct password

OK, then this is a different problem. Please START a new thread, it is hard working on 2 different problems in one thread.

Do you even have an R7000, footer says A7000?

How can you see an SSID for a wireless signal if the lights are off on a device even? Could you have pushed he button what turns off wireless?

Please, start a new thead and list the debug steps you might have taken, any and all details you think might help, and the firmware version and WHEN this started.

Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

Yes the ISP was not supplying internet. It's not an uncommon thing for me with satellite internet. Usually happens during the night when they switch satellites.

There was no gateway addrees. The field was blank.

Yes I had 3 SSIDs. One I created and 2 default.

I did the reset with the pin sized hole in the back that said reset.

I direct connected to the router with my laptop and an ethernet cable. No internet connection (this is how i did ipconfig /all). I then connected directly into the modem and got an internet connection. The modem isn't a wireless router also, it's an older style standard modem. 

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Master

@tdlee42 wrote:

Yes the ISP was not supplying internet. It's not an uncommon thing for me with satellite internet. Usually happens during the night when they switch satellites.

There was no gateway addrees. The field was blank.

Yes I had 3 SSIDs. One I created and 2 default.

I did the reset with the pin sized hole in the back that said reset.

I direct connected to the router with my laptop and an ethernet cable. No internet connection (this is how i did ipconfig /all). I then connected directly into the modem and got an internet connection. The modem isn't a wireless router also, it's an older style standard modem. 

3 SSID's? Is one a GUEST?  The R7000 does have 4, 2 full SSID's and 2 Guests.  So how did you wind up with 3? Only turned on one Guest or do you have a different router that is a Tri-Band like the R8000 series?

If you were able to wire a PC to the Router AND it's DHCP was working (even if there is NO Internet signal) you should see a Gateway IP Address, which would be the address of the router. If you see 'blank' for it, then the whole router is suspect. If you have one, then at least that part of it is 'alive'.

Modem do 'remember' the MAC address of what is connected to it. You can't just switch devices (laptop/router) with it powered  on. It has to be off and then powered up with the device off at the time, and then power on the device. If you don't do that, they might NOT connect.

Still, we are working on 2 different issues here, and some replies might not be clear to what the post is answering, hence the need for individual threads. Please create a NEW THREAD so if we need to continue it is easy to see what a reply is for.

Message 10 of 10