Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Cannot connect to device through ethernet

jktstance
Aspirant

R7000 Cannot connect to device through ethernet

Hi all, I've had this R7000 router for a year now when suddenly it lost its internet connection. After doing the obligatory power cycles on the modem and router, nothing. I could login to the router via routerlogin.net, but troubleshooting there did not help. I do see the Internet light next to the power light is not on.

I did a factory reset and now I cannot even connect to the router on wired with routerlogin.net. It claims I'm not connected to the Internet.

A direct wired connection from my modem to my computer works just fine, which is what I'm on right now.

Can anyone help? I swapped a couple of wires and I still cannot even connect to the router, much less the Internet.

PS. Also, I cannot connect to the Nighthawk app for setup (it recognized my fingetprint and just shows a blank screen).

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
jktstance
Aspirant

Re: R7000 Cannot connect to device through ethernet

Solved.

I don't know how it's solved. After the 10th time of trying to connect to the router's wifi, I was able to get the Nighthawk app to start working and setup. I have no clue what happened, but the only lights on for the router were power (in red) and the two devices I had connected to the LAN ports.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
jktstance
Aspirant

Re: R7000 Cannot connect to device through ethernet

Solved.

I don't know how it's solved. After the 10th time of trying to connect to the router's wifi, I was able to get the Nighthawk app to start working and setup. I have no clue what happened, but the only lights on for the router were power (in red) and the two devices I had connected to the LAN ports.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7