Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 - Connected Devices Lose Connection w/ Newer Firmware

bjtech
Tutor

R7000 - Connected Devices Lose Connection w/ Newer Firmware

I cannot upgrade past firmware version 1.0.9.6 without some of my devices randomly disconnecting.  In particular, I have two Ecobee 4 thermostats that will lose connection within a few hours of upgrading to a newer firmware.  The only way to have them reconnect is to reset the router.  However, even after a reset, they will not maintain a connection for more than a few hours.  If I downgrade to 1.0.9.6, the devices will maintain a connection.  Very frustrating problem.  Any help is appreciated.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Message 2 of 6
whit3rob
Initiate

I have the exact same problem with ecobee3 lite thermostat and R7000. I just spent the last 5 weeks on an alternate firmware because the .18 and .20 hotfix wasn't helping the problem. I decided to revert back to factory and update to the .26 hotfix and the only thing that won't connect is the ecobee. So nothing changed and I'll have to go back to XWRT-VORTEX which has worked flawlessly since Christmas. Definitely something wonky between ecobee and Netgear

Message 3 of 6
bjtech
Tutor

I'm upgrading to the 1.0.9.26 now to see if this is a fix.  I will post with an update on whether it works or not.  The strange thing is that 1.0.9.6 works flawlessly with the Ecobee and never loses connection.  So, wherever the mismatch is (w/ new firmware), it only happened as a result of one of the firmware changes.  Maybe something with one of the security upgrades?  The other strange factor is that it does connect initially after the upgrade.  However, it will only maintain that conection for a short time.  A router reset will allow for it to reconnect, but again, only for a short time (1-4 hours).

Message 4 of 6
bjtech
Tutor

wrote:

Hi  bjtech,

Please try this firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/000053870/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-9-26-Hot-Fix

This firmware has worked so far! 

I have not lost connection for over 5 days (at least that I am aware of). 

Previously, the connection never lasted past 24 hours.  And once it lost connection, it never reconnected until after a fullrouter reset.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi bjtech,

Thank you for the feedback.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7