Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 - Connection keeps dropping to 5g. Which firmware version to downgrade to?

jv62712
Follower

R7000 - Connection keeps dropping to 5g. Which firmware version to downgrade to?

Looks like there was a new firmware update today.  Suddenly, I can't connect to 5G.  Occassionally, I can't even connect to 2G.   Is anyone else having this problem? 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000 - Connection keeps dropping to 5g. Which firmware version to downgrade to?

Anytime theres an issue after a firmware update, a reasonable first step is factory resetting and reinstalling the device. Sometimes old settings can cause issues after firmware changes and factory resetting clears that out. 

If it doesn't help, you can always downgrade the firmware to prior to the update. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Anytime theres an issue after a firmware update, a reasonable first step is factory resetting and reinstalling the device. Sometimes old settings can cause issues after firmware changes and factory resetting clears that out. 

If it doesn't help, you can always downgrade the firmware to prior to the update. 

Message 2 of 6
D_York
Initiate

OR......

Netgear could do some damn QA testing on their firmware before releasing it into the wild... every time you idiots release new firmware, this crap happens. I would lose my job if I released software as consistently bad as Netgear does. Pathetic!

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

well that escalated quickly from someone not on the original post.
yes there's issues with the R7000 and firmware. but find me another router from a different manufacturer that is still getting updates 7 years after release.
Message 4 of 6
D_York
Initiate

Would it make you feel better if I started my own thread to describe the exact same problem?
And what good does it do to release new firmware if the suggested fix is to roll back to a previous version? You must work on netgear’s development team - don’t take it so personal buddy - but here’s a tip ... it’s called a rollback plan. If you “roll out” a trash product That doesn’t work and was poorly tested, in this case a new firmware version, you enact a plan to “roll it back”. It’s simple! Software dev teams have been doing it for ages
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Not even slightly on "netgear development team". this is the public forum where members of the public help out. We're not netgear.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7