R7000 Connection "Not Connected" but working, VERY slowly. Hardware Failure?

Tonezorz
Tutor

R7000 Connection "Not Connected" but working, VERY slowly. Hardware Failure?

Run into an issue the last few days where my R7000 started killing my internet connection. Under the Basic menu it will show "Not Connected" the router will also make a steady clicking noise and the internet LED will blink rapidly.

However, the connection will still function, albeit VERY slowly. After 10 mins of this or so, the problem will resolve itseelf temporarilly.

I am running the latest firmware, and have even freshly flashed it from the official file from Netgear.

I also tried DD-WRT and had the same issues.

Fresh firmware and settings both times. Even running complete default settings including the factory SSID and password.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R7000 Connection "Not Connected" but working, VERY slowly. Hardware Failure?

Hi @Tonezorz,

May I know if you have tried other official firmware versions?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Tonezorz
Tutor

Re: R7000 Connection "Not Connected" but working, VERY slowly. Hardware Failure?

I haven't this time, however I have used virtually every one as they have been released over time.

Edit: I should say too, the router has been functional on the latest firmware since it's release, without issues.

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Tonezorz,

I suggest setting a static DNS for the router. You can use 8.8.8.8 as the primary and 4.2.2.2 for the secondary and observe if the issue persists.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Tonezorz
Tutor

I appologize, I didn't mention that when the issue first happened I had been using OpenDNS DNS Servers.

After the issue flaired up, and after Firmware flashing / restoring I have been using my normal ISP DNS.

An airport express with all default settings is working much better on the same connection than the R7000 now.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E