Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 DHCP connectivity issues

Raick
Aspirant

R7000 DHCP connectivity issues

My Nighthawk R7000 router had been working fine until the last few days. It seems like that the DHCP is not working properly.

I'm using the range 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254. But on all my devices (cabled and wifi) I'm getting the following IP-adress:
192.168.192.xx. There're no issues when I switch to static.
The firmware is version V1.0.4.30_1.1.67.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Raick
Aspirant

Re: R7000 DHCP connectivity issues

I have found the issue. There was a conflict with my Horizon Media Box by Samsung. You can use this box also as a router and it provided me a wrong IP-adres. I have disconnected the Horizon from my network and it works properly now. So I didn't use the reset option. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Have you tried connecting 192.168.192.1, or, whatever the gateway address is, to see what the device is? Perhaps it's you ISP modem / router combo? Do you run the ISP device in bridge mode, or is it an actual modem?

Message 2 of 5
Raick
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have tried to make a connection with 192.168.192.1 without success. Also ping gave me a time out. My ISP modem isn't wifi and I don't run both (modem and router) in a bridge.

I have checked my settings and DHCP is on.

Message 3 of 5
netwrks
Master

If the R7000 is configed with the 192,168.1.x subnet and you are confident  the R7000 is Serving the wrong IP Addresses,  I would reset the R7000 to factory default.

Message 4 of 5
Raick
Aspirant

I have found the issue. There was a conflict with my Horizon Media Box by Samsung. You can use this box also as a router and it provided me a wrong IP-adres. I have disconnected the Horizon from my network and it works properly now. So I didn't use the reset option. Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7