R7000 DHCP creating multiple IP addresses for one device

StevenB112
Aspirant

R7000 DHCP creating multiple IP addresses for one device

I have 2 cameras in my network that are assigned static IP addresses. The problem is that the router shows 2 IP addresses for each camera. I try to block the unassigned addresses and cannot. One IP address that I don't want keeps re-loading every ten seconds or so. Anyone know how I can get rid of the two unwanted IP addresses?

P.S, The 2 camera IP's that I don't want were at first wirelessly connected to my network. The cameras are now connected through Zyxel Powerline ethernet adapters.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7
antinode
Guru

Re: R7000 DHCP creating multiple IP addresses for one device

> [...] 2 cameras [...]

Not a very detailed description of anything.

> [...] The 2 camera IP's that I don't want were at first wirelessly
> connected to my network.

If you configured your (unspecified) cameras to connect to your
wireless network, then they're likely to do that.  If you don't want
them using the wireless network, then you'll need to reconfigure the
cameras.  (Or, you could change the wireless network credentials to shut
them out.)

Message 2 of 7

It might help to say which brand of cameras these are. Maybe someone with the same kit can help.

Is there any way of turning off the wireless from these cameras? Could that he the second IP address for each?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 7
StevenB112
Aspirant

Sorry for the lack of details. The cameras are Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080p's. Also, in looking at the 'Attached devices' in the router, both cameras are showing wired. Each individual camera has one mac address but 2 different IP's. When I try to block one IP in 'Access Control,' and 'Save,' it says blocked for about 2 seconds and the screen refreshes and it is listed as 'Allowed' once again.

Message 4 of 7

Have you tried asking the maker why this happens?

Perhaps it is something to do with the devices and how they communicate.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 7
StevenB112
Aspirant

Thanks. I have reached out to them, and the cameras have 2 IP addresses, one for wired and one for wireless connection. It's my understanding that they cannot be disabled. But both addresses appear as wired in my network. It's not a real problem with them functioning, I just want to try to stop the wireless IP addresses from constantly trying to reconnect.

Message 6 of 7

Well done.

I guess it is a consequence of their technology. Perhaps the wifi stays live, even when you have a wired connection.

I have an Arlo camera. It has a single IP address.

Just another user.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements