R7000 Don't see a way to respond to firmware update question

LenoraE
Aspirant

R7000 Don't see a way to respond to firmware update question

When trying to download firmware, don't see a way to respond to the question indicating that I want to upgrade now.

Firmware Upgrade Assistant

A new version has been found. Do You want to upgrade to the new version now?

Current GUI Language Version:1.0.3.56_2.1.38.1
New GUI Language Version:1.0.5.48_2.1.38.1
Current Firmware Version1.0.3.56
New Firmware Version

1.0.5.48_1.1.79

Message 1 of 7
rpoffen
Virtuoso

Re: R7000 Don't see a way to respond to firmware update question

Considering all the issues with 1.0.5.48 (including bricked routers, broken port forwarding, necessity to do a factory reset to defaults and manual re-configure), I would definitely answer NO.

If your router is working well for you, then stick with the version you currently have. If there is a feature you absolutely need in a newer version such as 1.0.4.30, then download it manually (you can get to all the released versions by going to the Netgear support web page for your model router), and install it using the manual process.

Message 2 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi LenoraE,

If you want to upgrade the firmware, you can download it in support site.

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/R7000#searchResults

Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I installed the new firmware today, no issues at all. Wireless is fine, Iv'e port forwared and hosted games...

Message 4 of 7
HarveyP
Aspirant

All I can recommend is DO NOT install the latest update, less you ask for trouble. I did and it is partly bricked.  No port forwarding and now have to use DMZ.  Very difficult logining in to router.  Do a Login and password and all you have is a blank screen. Have talked to support and they came into see if they could do anything and gave up and now have a replacement on the way thru a RMA.  This latest firmware version is full of bugs.

Message 5 of 7
rpoffen
Virtuoso

@HarveyP wrote:

All I can recommend is DO NOT install the latest update, less you ask for trouble. I did and it is partly bricked.  No port forwarding and now have to use DMZ.  Very difficult logining in to router.  Do a Login and password and all you have is a blank screen. Have talked to support and they came into see if they could do anything and gave up and now have a replacement on the way thru a RMA.  This latest firmware version is full of bugs.

Any chance you could downgrade the FW? Maybe that is all you need, if it is at least partly functional, it should be possible to load a different FW.

Message 6 of 7
LenoraE
Aspirant

My new router is not working well. I was hoping the new firmware would help. I think I'll return it and get an Airport Extreme or Time Capsule even though they don't have all of the same capabilities.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E