Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 Fast WiFi, SLOW Wired/LAN -- Need Help

pdxOTTO
Aspirant

R7000 Fast WiFi, SLOW Wired/LAN -- Need Help

I'm on an R7000 connected to a Motorola 6141 with Comcast. Provisioned for 100mbps+ with Comcast.

On wifi 5 ghz, I'm getting 123 mpbs+ speed, however on my LAN connections, the speed tops out at about 33 mbps.

I've fiddled with everything I can think of, or read about, to no avail. Tried downgrading firmware = zero difference. I'm back on V1.0.4.30. I've tried disabling all QOS and WMM, nothing.

What is going on? Ideas?? This incredibly frustrating to be paying for this speed, and getting 25% of it on my wired devices

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
pdxOTTO
Aspirant

WOW -- it was the damned CAT5. Just switched to a CAT6 on on of my computers and voila... from 33 to 125 mbps like that.

Well.... if anyone else has a prob with slow LAN speeds, check your cables and get rid of the CAT5 crap.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
AirWaveZ
Guide

That's very interesting....

i can can only think of some compatibility issue with the Ethernet adapter on your computer or the cable...

have you tried different wired  computers and do they all have the same issue ?

did you try using a different cable / ports on the router ?

Message 2 of 4
pdxOTTO
Aspirant

Same result on different computers with different cables. I think most cables are CAT5. But that shouldn't account for the difference, right? Aren't they able to handle up to 100 mpbs? I'm getting nowhere close to that on my LAN.

Message 3 of 4
pdxOTTO
Aspirant

WOW -- it was the damned CAT5. Just switched to a CAT6 on on of my computers and voila... from 33 to 125 mbps like that.

Well.... if anyone else has a prob with slow LAN speeds, check your cables and get rid of the CAT5 crap.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7