Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Firmware 1.0.7.6 1_99 locks up

maxgh
Aspirant

R7000 Firmware 1.0.7.6 1_99 locks up

Having upgraded my router to the latest FW the router keeps loosing the internet sometimes every 3-5 minutes, and other times several hours. It does not like streaming video or music. The older version worked just fine. I am on CABLE so speed should not be an issue. Reset the modem and the internet access is restored. Any thoughts on what to do!!
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
maxgh
Aspirant

Re: R7000 Firmware 1.0.7.6 1_99 locks up

problem was in the cable modem (CVG824g) which has been replaced by the ISP (OPtus). The factory reset for all the modems and reflash/reboot improved the situation but it was still bad, however the problem was then clearly in the cable modem. Thanks for the advice, all is well, nothing wrong with the firmware.

View solution in original post

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@maxgh wrote:
Reset the modem and the internet access is restored.

Reset as in factory reset? That's not the same thing as turning it on and off.

This is recommended by Netgear after a firmware flash, although it isn't always needed. But if you have problems it is certainly worth trying.

If problems persists, I would flash the firmware again.

Message 2 of 3
maxgh
Aspirant

problem was in the cable modem (CVG824g) which has been replaced by the ISP (OPtus). The factory reset for all the modems and reflash/reboot improved the situation but it was still bad, however the problem was then clearly in the cable modem. Thanks for the advice, all is well, nothing wrong with the firmware.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7