Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 Firmware Bug

Venosaur
Tutor

hello,

Could You send me link where i can download firmware 1.06.1.83  to R7000 ? 

I can't find this on netgear side 🙂 

Regards

Message 51 of 74
nhoover
Aspirant

I don't think you actually want it. It doesn't work.

Message 52 of 74
Venosaur
Tutor

I thought that it's the newst and that works well. 

Message 53 of 74
Venosaur
Tutor

when will be the newst firmware without problems ? 

Message 54 of 74
AddisonTech
Guide

On a side note, do you know whether there will be an option to edit the Device Name in the Attached Devices list?  Currently, for example, the 2 cell phones and the Android tablet show up as "android-" followed by a striing of apparently random numbers and letters.  It would be nice to modify the names, rather than referring to a spreadsheet I made, which has the all my devices and MAC addresses.

Message 55 of 74
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@AddisonTech There's no way to edit the Device name. The device name that shows up depends on the name that you put on the actual device.

In your case, it will be under the Android settings.

Message 56 of 74
AddisonTech
Guide

Actually your note about the device name in Android is incorrect.  I have all my devices set with a name, and that does not show up on the list as such.  As I mentioned, it simply has "android-" followed by the random batch of letters and numbers.

Message 57 of 74
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@AddisonTech Looks like it's only happening on Android devices. Let me check with engineering.

Message 58 of 74
AddisonTech
Guide

It appears to be the WiFi devices, as my tower computer and NAS, which are wired, show the names that I assigned.  Even my wife's Nook, which is running a custom Android install from the microSD, shows the vague "android-##xxyy" name.  Initially, I thought perhaps it was a variation of the MAC address on each device, and that proved to be not the case.

Message 59 of 74
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Try to turn on Access Control then select the device and edit the Device name from there.

The settings will remain even after disabling Access Control.

Message 60 of 74
AddisonTech
Guide

Thank you, Elaine.  It's a rather convoluted way to edit the names, but it worked.

Message 61 of 74
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome!

Message 62 of 74
Kaptajnen
Aspirant

ElaineM Has Netgear released the promised firmware fix that you mentioned?

if so, please give me a link to download it.

Thank you

Message 63 of 74
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Kaptajnen The official latest firmware for R7000 hasn't been released yet.

We apologize for the delay as our QA team thoroughly test the firmware.

Thank you all for your patience.

Message 64 of 74
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you guys try this new beta FW v1.0.5.60 and report back?

Please let us know if you are still experiencing the 2.4Ghz not working and/on any 2.4Ghz WiFi stability issues.

This beta FW release does not include Arlo integration.

Message 65 of 74
AddisonTech
Guide

So far, so good.  I just flashed my R7000 and it even kept my modified IP settings, so I don't have to modify those parameters.  It appears to "see" the connected devices, and my Samsung printer works on the IP that was assigned.  If I notice any glitches, I'll post again.  Also, will Arlo be in the final version and off by default?

Thank you.

Message 66 of 74
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Probably it'll have it but the focus right now is to fix what needs to be done on the firmware before adding the Arlo feature.

Glad to hear that your network is up and running. Feel free to give us an update should you encounter problems.

Have a great day!

Message 67 of 74
AddisonTech
Guide

I've been running the beta version since I last posted and have not noticed any problems.  I have even worked on some laptops for friends and have used the guest network.

Message 68 of 74
Venosaur
Tutor

me too 🙂 

Message 69 of 74
incarvr6
Tutor

What is about beta V1.0.6.40_1.1.90 version? is it going to be replaced with normal relese enny time soon?

Message 70 of 74
JamesGL
Master

Hi incarvr6,

There is a new beta firmware you can use for your R7000. Beta firmware version v1.0.5.60. Check the post of ElaineM.

Message 71 of 74
incarvr6
Tutor

Yes but V1.0.6.40 is higher that 1.0.5.60 !!!??? or im missing something???

Message 72 of 74
rpoffen
Virtuoso

My guess is that the 1.0.5 stream contains new features over 1.0.4, namely SmartConnect. The 1.0.6 stream has yet more new features, namely Arlo camera support. The 1.0.5 beta from what I recall should fix the known issues, but does not have the Arlo feature. Possibly the Arlo feature is part of the issues and they wanted work more on but wanted to get something stable out without worrying about Arlo.

Message 73 of 74
incarvr6
Tutor

Ok well im actualy are using Arlo on my R7000 and 1.0.6.40  over 1.0.6.28 seems stable now.

Actualy before with 1.0.6.28 i did not use Arlo but when i enabled guest networ all trobble started. 1.0.6.40 fixed issue and i desided to add Camera and it works just fine.

Message 74 of 74
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7