Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.7.2 QOS problems with pre-configured rules

bambamboyo
Aspirant

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.7.2 QOS problems with pre-configured rules

I just upgraded to firmware version 1.0.7.2 as I wanted to enable Smart WiFi on my router.  This new firmware lists one of the changes as improved QOS GUI.

I feel that the QOS settings is now much worse and unusable for advanced users.

I have many custom upstream QOS rules which I need to enter and specify myself.

I am unable to do this as even after removing all the pre-activated QOS rules, what I am trying to add apparently conflicts with an existing rule, BUT there is no way to view the ports/protocols of the preinstalled QOS rules, nor is there any way to remove them.  I then tried to add another rule and got another message to say the rule already exists by name but it was not in the list of rules.

It's not a problem to have pre-activated rules, or to have pre-set rules avaiable, but to not be able to remove the pre-set rules or even view what they are to find what is conflicting when trying to set up a new rule makes this useless for more advanced use.

Please can we be able to create our own custom rules even if they cover or partially cover the same ports as the pre-set ones, or can we just delete the pre-set rules if we need to?  Yes I know we can delete them from being activated, but even when they are not being 'used' they stop you adding your own if the ports are in the pre-set ones.

I can't manually add the rules I want, neither can I confirm if they are covered by the pre-set rules as I can't see what they are.

I had to go back to old firmware version V1.0.4.30_1.1.67 which does allow me to set things how I need.

Please can this be looked at for a future firmware version?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.7.2 QOS problems with pre-configured rules

Thank you for your feedback. 

I would suggest that you forward this request under our Idea Exchange board and vote for it. 

In this way, our engineers will look into it. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for your feedback. 

I would suggest that you forward this request under our Idea Exchange board and vote for it. 

In this way, our engineers will look into it. 

Message 2 of 4
bambamboyo
Aspirant

Thanks I have posted on the idea exchange. 🙂

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're very welcome!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors