Highlighted
Luminary

Re: R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.9.6

Ok... you convinced me not to go near this firmware upgrade.        The only reason I checked this thread is when I log into mine ( version V1.0.7.12_1.2.5)  it says "a router firmware upgrade is available".    I would like bug and security fixes but do not want to break 

it or make it worst.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 26 of 29
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.9.6

No issues as others report, but I do find often either during login or going to the attached devices list getting pushed to a reset password page. I've tried clearing the cache in the browser etc, but it still happens.

Message 27 of 29
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.9.6 now available

Downloaded firmware version 1.0.9.6 and since the wifi signal has been very erratic and have had dropouts with both the 2.4 and 5 radios. Have done a factory reset but had no changes in performance. This problem developed about 2 firmware versions ago and is getting worse with every update.

I am considering purchasing a new router but not from Netgear.

Any suggestions on other brands of replacement routers?

Message 28 of 29
Highlighted
Luminary

Re: R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.9.6 now available

Can you make the wifi better by going back to the older firmware?   Otherwise it sounds like the router or some interference in your area..     

I've had good luck with my R7000.. before that I had some linksys wireless routers but they all broke though I got many years out of them.  

Lots of routers out there...  take a look at smallnetbuilder.com's test and rankings.

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements