Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 Firmware update fails

greenwade
Aspirant

R7000 Firmware update fails

I have a R7000 Nighthawk that hasn't been used for a couple of years. Connecting it today the GUI informed me that there was an update available. When I tried to update, the process failed and a message was given that the firmware was incorrect. This also happened when downloading the firmware from the web site, both the newest (V 1.0.7*) and oldest (V 1.0.4*) that was available. Current firmware is V1.0.3.24_1.1.20.

Any ideas?

thanks,

-eric

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
greenwade
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay, long holiday weekend.

Resetting to factory defaults solved the problem. However, the manual update using a local copy of the latest firmware still failed in exactly the same fashion as before. However, the auto (check online) option did work correctly, the first time it was tried after resetting to factory defaults.

thanks for the help,

-eric

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi greenwade,

Reset the router to factory default and try to update the firmware.

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi greenwade,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
greenwade
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay, long holiday weekend.

Resetting to factory defaults solved the problem. However, the manual update using a local copy of the latest firmware still failed in exactly the same fashion as before. However, the auto (check online) option did work correctly, the first time it was tried after resetting to factory defaults.

thanks for the help,

-eric

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7