R7000 Game lag when Mobile Phone is using the WiFi

xpontusx
Aspirant

R7000 Game lag when Mobile Phone is using the WiFi

I have a problem where my ping goes all over the place as son as my girlfriend uses her Samsung Galaxy 7 on our WiFi. I can play Rocket League on my PS4 connecfed to 2,4 with no problem, even though my Computer (2,4) and Sony mobile phone (5) are streaming, without any problems. But as soon as she starts using her mobile all hell brakes loose!

Ive tried Dynamic, and manual Qos, Just the default manual, then with settings whefe I delete all presets and create my own. I added my ps4 Mac adress to be highest priority and her phone the lowest. Added all udp/tcp protocols that ps4 use to be highest, and nothing else in the other boxes. Both with and without wmm active and deactivated... Then as a last resort I reset the whole thing and just renamed the network and password. Slightly better but still very very bad.

I bought this router because I wanted a smoother online gaming experience, like it says on the box "Xtreme WiFi speed for gaming"... Well as long as im home alone. That will never happend with a partner and three kids...

Help me out here, am I missing something, why cant things just work right out of the box?
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
xpontusx
Aspirant

Re: R7000 Game lag when Mobile Phone is using the WiFi

Tried the temporary sollution, didn't work. Installed my old (WNDR3800) again but with newest software and both 2,4 and 5 running and it works flawless, but download and upload speeds are much slower.

I will refund this router and buy another one, is there anyone you can recommend?
Message 2 of 4
xpontusx
Aspirant

Still, 3x3 or 6x6 should not make any difference since my WNDR is only 1x1? But I'm going to try TP-Links AC3800. It got 6x6, and have gotten alot of rewards, good reviews from sites and magazines, and good reviews from users. A little more expensive the I want to pay for a router. But I dont want to go through this again >_<

I've always liked Netgears products, but I'm afraid I will get the same problem with R7800 or R8000, last one is also a little too expensive.
Message 3 of 4
xpontusx
Aspirant

Thats because im stupid Smiley Very Happy TP-Link Archer C3200 / AC3200 is the correct name.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E