Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000: Had to change wireless network to one designated NETGEAR35-5G

Novice007
Aspirant

R7000: Had to change wireless network to one designated NETGEAR35-5G

When I originally set up my R7000 router i set it to the NETGEAR35 network, but noticed I had other channels/networks listed that included one labeled NETGEAR35-5G.  About a week ago I  started having problems with the NETGEAR35 network on all connected devices. I then switched to the NETGEAR35-5G network and things seem to be OK. I do have a problem now with connecting my echo dot which does not recognize the NETGEAR35-5G network. Has anyone come up against this issue and how did you get around it to connect the echo device?  

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7000: Had to change wireless network to one designated NETGEAR35-5G

The regular NETGEAR35 network uses 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi. You may simply have too many neighbors occupied the limited radio spectrum at 2.4 GHz.

Try changing the channel used by the regular NETGEAR35 network. Better yet, run a Wi-Fi analyzer app that will show you what channels are being used around you. You can find Wi-Fi analyzers for iOS, Android, Windows and MacOS.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

The regular NETGEAR35 network uses 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi. You may simply have too many neighbors occupied the limited radio spectrum at 2.4 GHz.

Try changing the channel used by the regular NETGEAR35 network. Better yet, run a Wi-Fi analyzer app that will show you what channels are being used around you. You can find Wi-Fi analyzers for iOS, Android, Windows and MacOS.
Message 2 of 3
Novice007
Aspirant

Many thanks for the explanation and advice

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements