• 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

R7000 Hot Fix upgrade

Hi,

I have seen some vulnerebaility reports on many Netgear products including R7000 and was checking for a patch to address it. I just saw the Hot Fix but the problem is the latest firmwares will remove the DLNA functionality as such I have stayed on 1.0.9.64. 

I was wondering if Netgear would release a patch for the latest firmware that supports those functions as when I bought the modem it came with those functions.

I understand it won't be feasible to update all previous firmwares, but since the latest firmwares remove those functions, I was expecting a release to fix the vulnerability on the latest firmware that supports those functions.

Thanks,

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Prodigy

Re: R7000 Hot Fix upgrade

They already screwed over you and you expect them to put out two different hot fixes? Good luck with that. That would require them to put the features back on the current firrmware hot fix firmware and have to test everything. Plus put hot fix on current firmware and test. Twice the work. Not going to happen. 

Modem CM1150V
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Apprentice

@labatt  Well I couldn't help myself. I've downloaded the latest incarnation of the ever changing Hotfix, v.104. All seems ok so far. I eagerly await the next installment.......Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Initiate

Screwed here too. Non of our Rokus can stream from our NAS any longer because of this. Why did they remove a feature that I paid for and use all the time? Simple, TO LINE THEIR OWN POCKETS  by selling router based anti virus subscriptions that I do not need. Rolling back to an older FW version with DLNA is not an option because there will be no security fixes ever. Very upset to have our perfectly good router ruined by Netgears greed. Now we have to buy another router and it will not be a Netgear, never again.

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Prodigy

If the NAS is an external box, DLNA is not needed on the router. Maybe another issue?

Modem CM1150V
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Initiate

Our NAS is an external HD connected to the router with USB 3.0. Our Rokus can't play movies from the NAS without DLNA, and they don't do FTP. They worked flawlessy before Netgear removed DLNA to add their paid for service "Armor". Slowly replacing our Rokus with Nvidia Shields which can handle FTP and so much more. Not a total loss though, will be using our Nighthawk router as an access point at the other end of the house.

Message 6 of 6