Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Internet Connection Issues after Reset

Alex_K_MN
Initiate

R7000 Internet Connection Issues after Reset

I recently began experiencing slow wifi speeds on my home internet, so I did a reset on my R7000 router thinking it would help. The problem now is that I cannot connect to the internet at all using my router. I think the problem is with the router and not the internet, because when I connect my ethernet cable directly from my ISP's modem to my laptop, I get speeds of about 60 mbps (which is what I pay for).

When I have my modem and router connected and turned on, the internet icon on the front of my router is solid orange. I can see both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz as available networks on my laptop, but when I try to connect to either one, it says there is no internet. When I try to go to the Netgear Genie site, it lets me get through a few of the setup windows, but after it trys to detect the internet connection, it warns me that there was a "Problem Detecting the Internet Connection."

Any thoughts or suggestions on what might be happening or how I can resolve this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R7000 Internet Connection Issues after Reset

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Alex_K_MN
Initiate

I have a little more information on my original post. I made it to the Netgear Genie site for my router, and it showed the following under the internet setup:

Untitled.png

I don't remeber exactly what it looked like before I did the factory reset, but I'm almost certain the values for the IP address and DNS address were not 0. Does anyone know why this could have happened after I did a factory reset or how I could fix it?

Thanks again.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi Alex_K_MN,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7