R7000 Issues: USB 3.0 Speeds/Drive Edits

eTanium
Follower

R7000 Issues: USB 3.0 Speeds/Drive Edits

Hi. First off, I really like those router! The DLNA server is awesome (a quick solution until I build a home server). I am running the latest firmware (V1.0.2.120_1.0.17).

Yet, I am having an issue with a WD My Passport 1TB USB Powered, USB 3.0 drive.

When plugged into my PC, I get about 70mb/s transfers (I thought it would be faster than that).

When plugged into the USB 3.0 port on the router and setup as a network drive, I am only getting 36mb/s max write speeds. This seems like it is falling back to USB 2.0 speeds.

Also, when viewing the USB Options through the router's management page (directly into the router - not through the Genie), I am not able to 'edit' the drive. The page just reloads every time I click that option.

Also, if I want to setup write access protection, do I need to do that directly on the drive while it is plugged into the computer, or is that something that is done through this 'edit' option?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
ankydu
Guide

Re: R7000 Issues: USB 3.0 Speeds/Drive Edits

Upon connecting my WD my passport 1TB USB 3.0 HDD with the USB ports gives me just 3.93 mbps of transfer rate. I expected atleast 50mpbs+ of transfer rate. And for some strange reason transfer on USB2.0 feels faster than USB 3.0.

I copied a 637mb file from my laptop (wifi N) over wifi to and from the router. Following are the results:

From laptop to router time: 2 mins 35 secs
From router to laptop time: 1 min 35 secs.

Then tried with a 231 mb video file:

From laptop to router: ~3mins (strange :mad:)
Message 2 of 4
DarioX7
Aspirant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megabyte

As I read this thread I do not know whether to laugh or cry.
Message 3 of 4
ankydu
Guide

DarioX7 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megabyte

As I read this thread I do not know whether to laugh or cry.

????? :confused::confused:
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E