Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Logins won't accept password

ScottAlv
Initiate

R7000 Logins won't accept password

This is driving me nuts and I can't find a solution in this forum. Using 3 different browsers (Chrome, IE, MS Edge), I get the same problem. I go to www.routerlogin.net (or .com or 192.168.1.1) and up pops a Windows Security login (says "The server www.routerlogin.net is asking for your user name and password. The server reports that it is from NETGEAR R7000."). According to my R7000 router, the login is "admin" and the password is "password" which I enter...very carefully. I select "OK". The window goes away for a moment then comes right back with the "admin" defaulted in but the password field blank...it didn't seem to like my password. I try it again, same thing. If I finally select the Cancel option or leave the password field blank, the NetGear genie R7000 Router Password Recovery page appears (http://www.routerlogin.net/MNU_access_setRecovery_index.htm) and asks me to "Enter the router's Serial Number." I have a recent photo of the router serial number and I enter it, very carefully. There are two buttons below the field. They are Cancel and Continue. But the Continue button is grayed out and doesn't work no matter how hard I click around on it (grin). No matter what I do to the Serial Number field (I'm 100% sure I enter it correctly without spaces, etc.), the Continue button will not work. 

I do not have Kapersky. I disabled my McAfee firewall. 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ScottAlv
Initiate

Re: R7000 Logins won't accept password

I found a solution. I reset to factory default (put pin into slot in back of router and held for 7 seconds). THEN the login screen finally worked correctly. In fact, it looked differently too. Whew! Got it all updated. I hope this helps someone else.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
ScottAlv
Initiate

I found a solution. I reset to factory default (put pin into slot in back of router and held for 7 seconds). THEN the login screen finally worked correctly. In fact, it looked differently too. Whew! Got it all updated. I hope this helps someone else.

Message 2 of 3
spear
Aspirant

I had the same problem and this worked, thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7