R7000 Loose Antennae

mcflydmc12
Novice

R7000 Loose Antennae

I purchased this the other day from Amazon and set it up and installed it last night. I've never been more impressed with WiFi speed.

After connecting the three antennae, I couldn't help but notice they felt loose. One of them is fine and doesn't feel like it's going to collapse at any second, but the other two do.

This isn't an issue with the actual threading between the two (all three are screwed in very tight), but between the actual antennae and the piece that contains the threading.

Should I exchange it for another one or are they all like this? If they are is there a way to fix this?
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R7000 Loose Antennae

Cheesy would best describe them. They will move even when tight if bumped. I'm guessing they are designed that way to prevent them from breaking and or damaging the board. If you're concerned exchange it.
Message 2 of 8
LeeH
Prodigy

I prop up my left and right antennas. The center is able to stand up straight but I prop up the other ones at a 45 degree angle. Never look at the router and rarely think about it.
Message 3 of 8
RogerSC
Virtuoso

I agree with searay on this one...also, don't just keep wiggling them to see how loose they are, I know how tempting that is *smile*. The antennas on my router wiggle a little too, enough to tell that they're clearly not meant to be rigid. But the only time they get touched is to just make small, quick adjustments to get them back into the 45-90-45 degree postions (respectively) when they get accidentally moved. Haven't had any problems with them yet.

But "too loose" is a judgement call.
Message 4 of 8
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

My cat is an expert at adjusting my router antennae, unfortunately not to positions that I want them in.
RogerSC
Virtuoso

Babylon5 wrote:
My cat is an expert at adjusting my router antennae, unfortunately not to positions that I want them in.

Yes, routers are warm, cats are attracted by warmth. Wouldn't be surprised to see a cat sleeping on a router *smile*. My router is inaccessible by our cat (or she chooses not to work hard enough to get to where it is), otherwise I'm sure that she'd be doing about the same thing.
Message 6 of 8
mcflydmc12
Novice

Thanks to all for the confirmation. Just sounds it's like "how these are."

My kitty likes laying on top of routers and stuff so I'll have to make sure I keep this one out of his reach somehow.

Thanks again!
Message 7 of 8
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Maybe lumps of Blu-tack on each antenna at the connector would keep them in place without any damage to the router.
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E