R7000 New User Questions

jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: R7000 New User Questions

1. Image posting rules
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=87544

2. Hiding ALL in red doesn't do much. Hiding SSID will do nothing in forum . You can hide mac address if you want but rest can be post as it

2cents
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 26 of 29
Ryrynz
Aspirant

Can someone with a R7000 test it's USB 3.0 performance and report back? Just a simple copying of a file from the PC to the readyshare and then also when directly connected to a PC in MBps, any USB 3.0 HDD will do. A CrystalDiskmark comparison would be nice if anyone wanted to do a more thorough comparison of the performance difference. Thanks.
Message 27 of 29
d_rick
Tutor

Lexist2112 wrote:
If your referring to channels, then yes there located in the drop down scroll in both the 2.4 & 5ghz config page

Believe it or not, I had enabled WMM on both the 2.4 & 5ghz and enabled Qos on the up and downstream. Noticed that on certain web pages such as Best buy looking over their weekly ads it took awhile to load the pictures. Streaming websites were stuttering and poor over the WIFI, a bit better over wired. I ended up disabling WMM and Qos and everything works great 😄

You can enable the auto update for the Qos downsteam streaming data update. Iam giving it a month or so before I enable those features, hopefully the database will grow when more users are buying this unit. Dlink has the DGL 5500 with streamboost and auto bandwith estimator. Ultimatley we ended up disabling all the features except for the auto update of stream boost data.

You'll see your speeds are much faster including ping time when youdisable those features. You can test it enables and disabled to test it out. But I think you'll find disabling is the way to go for now. If you have Xbox, configure the ALL the ports and you will have OPEN NAT.

curious if you just disable this on the AP, or also on all the clients? right now i have it enabled on both sides and stability / performance is crap.

going to try this next
Message 28 of 29
d_rick
Tutor

note to others, don't disable wmm on win 8.1 x64, made my system VERY unstable .

giving up on the WMM experiment now..
Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E