Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7800 Nighthawk Won't factory reset. I enabled the password recovery feature and can't restore.

Cassidy62
Aspirant

R7000 Nighthawk Won't factory reset. I enabled the password recovery feature and can't restore.

After pressing the reset on router and have enabled the password recovery feature. I can't get pass the two security questions. Any help Please.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Cassidy62
Aspirant

Re: R7800 Nighthawk Won't factory reset. I enabled the password recovery feature and can't restore.

All good. After going through sevral resets. Switching to another computer seamed to do the trick. Thx 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000 Nighthawk Won't factory reset. I enabled the password recovery feature and can't restore.

You reset it and then setup the password recovery and now can't get in? Is this correct? 

If so, you'll need to reset it again.  Avoid special characters for password resets and make sure there aren't any spaces. 

if your title is correct and you can't reset it at all, where is it failing? 

You list 2 different routers. R7000 in title and R7800 in signature. Which is it?  Firmware on it? 

Message 2 of 5
Cassidy62
Aspirant

I have a R7800 router. I have reset it once and it took me to the password recovery feature. I can’t get pass the questions. Called customer support and they told me to try resetting again. I don’t know the firmware.

Thx for your help. I will wait to hear from you before I try resetting again.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

I would reset it back to factory again. Hold reset for 7-10 seconds until the lights change. 

When you log into it, you should see at top right corner the firmware number. 

Again, remember to avoid special characters and spaces when setting passwords. 

here's your support page with firmware and manuals.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7800.aspx

Message 4 of 5
Cassidy62
Aspirant

All good. After going through sevral resets. Switching to another computer seamed to do the trick. Thx 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7