R7000 Nighthawk stops all communication, lights look fine, nothing in log after reboot

gallde
Follower

R7000 Nighthawk stops all communication, lights look fine, nothing in log after reboot

This is now happening about once per week: My R7000 stops all communication - both WiFi and Ethernet - can't even log in to settings via Ethernet. But the lights still all flicker white as usual. If I power-cycle, after several minutes of reboot, all returns to normal, but the log shows no history before the reboot. I have the latest firmware, V1.0.9.64_10.2.64. I need to make this router reliable again, it crapped out while I was traveling during freezing temps and I couldn't monitor my house cameras or set the thermostat. Anyone have a suggested solution to such a problem?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000 Nighthawk stops all communication, lights look fine, nothing in log after reboot

you can start with a cascade of troubleshooting.

1. Try a hard reset on the device. Maybe something became corrupt and a reset will fix it.

2. Try downgrading the firmware to an earlier version. .42 has fairly decent results. The newest version has been having issues for some people on the forums. 

3. Try aftermarket dd-wrt or openwrt firmware. There's been positive results about this but you'd have to look to those forums for support on those. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E