Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Nighthawk

Seabee20
Tutor

R7000 Nighthawk

I'm really stuck & hope someone can help! I just switched Internet Service Provider ! I have Spectrum now, a cable company. The signal to the Modem they provided is great, but my router isn't distributing the Internet signal! Spectrum told me to reset my router back to factory default & it should resolve the problem! It made it worse! Now, I can't access the router at all because my computer or even my phone can't get Internet after connecting to the network. I've tried new network process as if the router was a new install, but even that doesn't help. Reboot didn't do anything either. The Internet Led on the router lights up white but flickers! I have no clue what to do! Without being able to access the router, I'm stuck!
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Seabee20
Tutor

Re: R7000 Nighthawk

No sir! I wasn't confused! Yes, I was connected by wire & I tried wireless also! I was suspecting my cable & switched it out! My WiFi antenna may have had something to do with the issue! I put in my wireless utility CD & re-downloaded the driver & so far it is working!
Thank you so much for your suggestions! I really appreciate it!

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
RMinNJ
Luminary

Did you go to the router admin page and setup/configure the WAN and LAN ?

http://192.168.1.1

User is admin and you will need the password  you set or the default password in the docs

or on side of the router.

On the admin page you can check the status of the WAN/internet.

Message 2 of 11
Seabee20
Tutor

Yes, I know that, but you don't understand ! I can not access the router genie because I can't get the Internet signal. Without the Internet, you can't access the router!
Message 3 of 11
antinode
Guru

> Yes, I know that, but you don't understand !

At least one of us doesn't.

>  I can not access the router genie because I can't get the Internet signal.

Which "the router genie" is that?  Are you using a Web browser on a
computer which is connected to the router, or some Genie app on a
phone/tablet, or what?

>  Without the Internet, you can't access the router!

Without an Internet connection, you can't assess the router from the
Internet.  You should still be able to get to the router's own Web
server if you're connected to the router.

> http://192.168.1.1

That's one likely way.  Another would be what's printed on the label
on the router, I'd guess something like: http://www.routerlogin.net

Message 4 of 11
Seabee20
Tutor

Yes, I've tried both & it tells me that I'm not connected to the router! My computer recognizes the network, connects to it, but with No Internet! So I can't access the Web Based Utility for the router, using any device, computer or phone!
Message 5 of 11
RMinNJ
Luminary

You can access the router without Internet by plugging a cable into one of the Lan ports and going to 192.168.1.1 in a browser.

Message 6 of 11
Seabee20
Tutor

When I connect to a Lan port on the router, my computer still shows No Internet, so I can't launch a browser without the Internet!
Message 7 of 11
antinode
Guru

> When I connect to a Lan port on the router, my computer still shows No
> Internet, so I can't launch a browser without the Internet!

Do you have any diagnostic LED indicators on the router and/or
computer which tell you that the cable is (physically) connecting
properly?

What is "my computer"?  Which Web browser are you using (or trying to
use)?

Message 8 of 11
Seabee20
Tutor

I just had it working & it lost the Internet again! Damn! I'm wondering now if I have a bad Ethernet cable!
Message 9 of 11
IrvSp
Master

You could be confusing the WAN and LAN connections. You NEED the WAN connection to get to the Internet. The LAN connection is what allows you to connect to the Router. On top of that you have the connection method. Wired or Wireless. If connected WIRELESSLY this will add to the confusion quite possibly.

First are you WIRED to the Router (appears you might be as you think you have a bad cable)? If so, and on a Windows PC open a CMD prompt and enter "IPCONFIG /ALL" without the quotes and press enter. On the output look for the Ethernet Adapter and then the IPv4 Gateway address.... usually 192.168.x.1 where x is 1 or 0. Open a browser and enter that address for the URL and press enter. You should get the sign-on prompt. If the IP Address is anything else please post it on a reply.

If you are WIRELESS, then the problem might be that the Modem is a Modem/Router Combo that Spectrum provides. IF IT IS, Spectrum MUST bridge the Modem and disable the Wireless signal output. If you are using the modem's wireless signal then that would explain you can't see the router.

Message 10 of 11
Seabee20
Tutor

No sir! I wasn't confused! Yes, I was connected by wire & I tried wireless also! I was suspecting my cable & switched it out! My WiFi antenna may have had something to do with the issue! I put in my wireless utility CD & re-downloaded the driver & so far it is working!
Thank you so much for your suggestions! I really appreciate it!
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7