Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 No internet & all white lights

Shanlowrey09
Follower

R7000 No internet & all white lights

My router lights are all on & showing white, but on all of my devices it says that there is no internet. i’ve tried rebooted it several times and nothing has changed. please help.
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7000 No internet & all white lights

Press the reset button for 10 seconds then release...anything change here? 

Message 2 of 3
Portwey84
Virtuoso

Re: R7000 No internet & all white lights

@Shanlowrey09  You don't say if you're trying to access the internet via WiFi or ethernet? If you're connected to the internet via a cable, then it could be a modem issue or your settings aren't right for your ISP. If you are only trying to connect via WiFi, I'm guessing someone has accidently turned WiFi off by hitting the ON/OFF swich on the far right hand side of the router. If that is the case, you just won't be able to connect. It's happened to one or two people, indeed, I've even done it myself.

Also, what firmware is your router running? Latest version for the R7000 AC1900 is:

https://kb.netgear.com/000063843/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-11-126

Be very aware, some will tell even advise you to 'revert' to a donkey's old firmware known as v.42. Allegedly, it's 'stable' but then again, some of us have zero issues on any of the firmware we download onto our R7000, but who wants to hear a 'feel good' story about a router? If you do choose to revert, realise it might render your router at risk of being less secure. Look before you leap.

It shouldn't make a blind bit of difference, but if you read some of the 'horror' stories on here by folks claiming their R7000 isn't up to much, it's probably environmental issues, folks who have literally no clue as to how their router and connected equipment operate etc. That's why there's definitely some method in the madness of reading the manual. Oh, and it might just depend on where you live!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7