Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 Port Forwarding

DSelover
Tutor

R7000 Port Forwarding

Has anyone had an issue where port forwarding stops working after a couple of days after updating to 1.0.9.88? After a reboot it starts working again but only for a while.

Thanks Doug

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DSelover
Tutor

Thanks for the advice rolled back to 42 reset and reconfigured all seems to be running smoothly now. (Auto updates off)

thanks doug 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Last known good firmware for the R7000 is .42. Everything after, including .88, is a total mess with many complaints. I suggest you downgrade to .42 or move to a third party firmware like FreshTomato

Message 2 of 6
DSelover
Tutor

Ok, rolled back my firmware and still having issues. After an hour or so port forwarding stops working if I reboot the router it starts working again for an hour or so. Any Ideas?

Thanks Doug

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 6
myersw
Master

Did you do a router reset? The hidden button on back, held in for say 10 seconds? Different from reboot. 

Then reconfigure as this puts the router configuration back to out of box. Do not use a backup file.

This has fixed issues for folks that have changed firmware versions, both up and down. 

Message 4 of 6

***edit, posted this late...  sorry.

Doug,

Go back to 1.0.9.42.  No reason to beat your head against a wall. 

If you spend any amount of time here, you'll see that no one recommends 1.0.9.88 and everyone will recommend 1.0.9.42 for the R7000.

Message 5 of 6
DSelover
Tutor

Thanks for the advice rolled back to 42 reset and reconfigured all seems to be running smoothly now. (Auto updates off)

thanks doug 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7