Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 - ReadyCLOUD/MyNETGEAR upgrade - now shows offline

ngsmudge
Aspirant

R7000 - ReadyCLOUD/MyNETGEAR upgrade - now shows offline

I updated ReadyCLOUD to use MyNETGEAR account, and the unregistered/reregistered the router as instructed. However, now when I log into ReadyCLOUD (with the MyNETGEAR account), it shows the R7000 there, but it says it is offline - yet, I can still get to the internet through it on my PC/Laptop/Phone, etc.

Do I need to reboot the router or something?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ngsmudge
Aspirant

Found it!!  On my router, even though I had registered it through the Advanced > USB Functions > ReadySHARE Storage, when I went to Basic > ReadySHARE, it showed it set at Basic (radio button). When I clicked ReadyCLOUD radio button, it said it was registered, and viola, it was online on the ReadyCLOUD website.

Don't know why both places had to be set, but at least it's online.

Hope this helps if anyone else runs into this issue.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Daenerys
Luminary

Try to reboot the router BEFORE registering the ReadyCLOUD account again.

Message 2 of 4
ngsmudge
Aspirant

OK, I unregistered it, rebooted, registered it again, and it still shows as offline. Then I rebooted the router again, and it still shows as offline.

I can get to the internet from here, and I can get to my USB drive from here - - but when I go to ReadyCLOUD & log in with my MyNetgear account, it shows my R7000 as offline.

What could I do to rectify that?

Message 3 of 4
ngsmudge
Aspirant

Found it!!  On my router, even though I had registered it through the Advanced > USB Functions > ReadySHARE Storage, when I went to Basic > ReadySHARE, it showed it set at Basic (radio button). When I clicked ReadyCLOUD radio button, it said it was registered, and viola, it was online on the ReadyCLOUD website.

Don't know why both places had to be set, but at least it's online.

Hope this helps if anyone else runs into this issue.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7