Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Replacing a Tilgin router But No Internet Connection Detected

Jezzer
Aspirant

R7000 Replacing a Tilgin router But No Internet Connection Detected

Hi all

Just bought a R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi router and tried to set it up, replacing a Tilgin router which still works

The internet light is still orange on the Nighthawk, no matter how many times I reset it, and when I plug in the Tilgin again, the internet is still available

Any thoughts on how I can resolve this?

Many thanks

Jezzer

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0, AC2100|Nighthawk AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: R7000

I assume you just removed the old router and put the R7000 in its place, basically just connecting it to the modem? If so, you must power both off, modem and router. The modem needs to be 'reset'. That is seeing what is attached to it. Easy to do, when powered off it 'forgets' So with both off and disconnected from each other, power up the modem and wait for it to fully come up. Then do the same by plugging in the router and turning it on.

That should fix it. If not, you might need to contact your ISP? Possible they have some setting that needs to be changed?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

I assume you just removed the old router and put the R7000 in its place, basically just connecting it to the modem? If so, you must power both off, modem and router. The modem needs to be 'reset'. That is seeing what is attached to it. Easy to do, when powered off it 'forgets' So with both off and disconnected from each other, power up the modem and wait for it to fully come up. Then do the same by plugging in the router and turning it on.

That should fix it. If not, you might need to contact your ISP? Possible they have some setting that needs to be changed?

Message 2 of 4
Jezzer
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks so much for the swift response!

I did reset the modem to no avail!

I will take your advice and live call my ISP provider while I work on it again tomorrow morning

Many thanks for your help

Jez
Message 3 of 4
IrvSp
Master

Sorry it didn't fix it?

Were you able to access the Router? If you are using a wireless device and the Mobile Nighthawk app you can't, it requires Internet Access. However if you have a device with a BROWSER you can reach the Router and LOGIN (using Router IP Address or ROUTERLOGIN.NET as the URL). Once logged in you might need to do some modifying of the Internet settings if your ISP requires you to LOGIN? Only other thing I can think of?

Can you use a wired connection to the modem? Does it work? If it does, could be a cable problem or even a damaged socket?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7