Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Router dropping Connection to Modem multiple times a day

jbrownjr
Aspirant

R7000 Router dropping Connection to Modem multiple times a day

Multiple times a day, my internet just goes away.  I have to reboot the router to restablish the connection.  I do not have to reboot the Modem.  Sometimes I work from home my VPN does not drop when the internet stops working for my family.  The VPN does drop when i reboot the Router.    The internet sometimes reconnects within 30 minutes, but i normally reboot the router before then.

Router Nighthawk r7000 with latest FW loaded (V1.0.9.88).  I do not run wifi from this router only hard lines.  This router is connected direclty to the Spectrum Modem.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: R7000 Router dropping Connection to Modem multiple times a day

R7000 V1.0.9.88 causes many problems for many people.

You need to rollback to V1.0.9.42 which people agree is the latest stable f/w release.

Quite EASY to do... on the top, click on SUPPORT. Then enter your ROUTER model, R700 and click on the proper model that shows and press enter. Next screen, click on DOWNLOADS. At the end of the list is PRIOR VERSIONS. V1.0.9.42 the one you want and you see a '+'. Click on that and there are TWO links. Click on the README and just FOLLOW those instructions.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
Chonny
Aspirant

Sorry to just post a "me too", but there it is.  Started about a week ago.  Only differences are that I do use WiFi and that my CAT5E connection is to an Arris modem (for Xfinity) instead of to Spectrum.  So far, haven't been able to catch any error lights on the equipment during the problem, but I'm monitoring it more closely now.  Comcast shows no errors.

Model: WGR614v8|Cable/DSL Wireless Router 54 Mbps/2.4 GHz|EOL
Message 2 of 8
Chonny
Aspirant

Update to my post.  (a) I did update the router recently, which is probably significant.  Now on firmware V1.0.9.88_10.2.88

(b) Just happened again.  I was doing a continuous ping to Google, which interupted; Nighthawk router showed red lights for both Power and Internet (i.e. 2 most-left-hand lights).  Self-corrected in about 20 seconds.

Message 3 of 8
IrvSp
Master

R7000 V1.0.9.88 causes many problems for many people.

You need to rollback to V1.0.9.42 which people agree is the latest stable f/w release.

Quite EASY to do... on the top, click on SUPPORT. Then enter your ROUTER model, R700 and click on the proper model that shows and press enter. Next screen, click on DOWNLOADS. At the end of the list is PRIOR VERSIONS. V1.0.9.42 the one you want and you see a '+'. Click on that and there are TWO links. Click on the README and just FOLLOW those instructions.

Message 4 of 8
Chonny
Aspirant

Thank you!  I've done that and it has been working correctly for a day.

Message 5 of 8
jbrownjr
Aspirant

Rolled back to V1.0.9.42 and had no issues today, will keep a watch on it.
Message 6 of 8
Snydly
Initiate

Changed firmware back to V1.0.9.42_10.2.44 still having many buffering or dropping issues. I have 200mps from Optonline and still get buffering or dropping. If I connect direct to modem everything works great. Need a router or help with this crappy netgear R7000. Very frustrating

Message 7 of 8
jbrownjr
Aspirant

Rolled back a week ago and have had no dropped connections.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7