Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Slow Download Speed

Boezoe
Follower

R7000 Slow Download Speed

I have a 650mbs connection from my isp and when connected directly to the modem I get download speeds of 80MBs when downloading a game, which is the same as the 650mbs so thats good, however when I connect with the router also through lan connection I get speeds of 21MBs max which is arround 170mbs when downloading the same game from the same servers. When I do an online speed test I get the same results with the router as directly connecting to the modem. I have disabled QoS already but to no help. I even reset my router but still same speed. I think it must be a hardware or software fault. My firmware is V1.0.11.104_10.2.100. I have tested multiple pc's and I am sure it is a router problem but I don't know how to solve it instead of buying a new router.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000 Slow Download Speed

What modem do you have? 

A couple things you can try. 

1. The firmware you're on isn't the most recent. The latest is 1.0.11.116 for the r7000

2. The agreed upon most stable/fastest firmware is the 1.0.9.42 version. when newer versions are having issues, thats the one we have people install. 

Any firmware changes to the r7000 should be done over a hardwired connection. I'd also recommend a factory reset and clean install (not from backup) for best results with it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7