Highlighted
Aspirant

R7000 - Solid White Power LED & lockup?

I have a USB drive plugged into the R7000 (doesn't matter if it's the USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port) and when attempting to transfer files from a computer on my wired home network to that drive (which is SSD in an enclosure), the R7000 will at some point stop flashing any of the port lights and the power LED turns white a stays on (i.e. it's _not_ flashing). Eventually the unit will lock up entirely and stop transmitting traffic internally or externally. Rebooting solves the issue, but only until I start transferring files again. I'm running the latest firmware V1.0.9.60_10.2.60
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted

Re: R7000 - Solid White Power LED & lockup?

@websrfr wrote:
I'm running the latest firmware V1.0.9.60_10.2.60

That is not the latest sofwtare for the R7000.

Nighthawk R7000 | AC1900 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

It doesn't exist.  Nor for the R7000P.

Nighthawk R7000P | AC2300 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

https://kb.netgear.com/000060431/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-9-60

What I posted was copied directly from the Netgear console page. I don't have the "P" model

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted

Strange this is the latest according to the support pages:

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.9.42 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

The one you have looks like being "work in progress". It is just two days old. These can take time to land on the update server.

Given its freshness, did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

The factory reset is more a "witchcraft" move than a technically informed solution, but it does seem to fix problems, especially on the wifi front.

If you continue to see problems, you could try rolling back a version.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

I had the problem before I upgraded the firmware, I was hopeful the new firmware would resolve it. I may try factory reset.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements