Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 Stops Connecting to the Internet

JimJoat
Aspirant

R7000 Stops Connecting to the Internet

>>Recently, and sporadically I cannot do a standard connection to the Internet via web browsers using Window PCs or Android smart phones.

>>I also cannot login to the router at 192.168.1.1 (no response). I can Ping it.
>>I can, however connect between all devices Wired/Wifi on my LAN.
>>I can connect to my Modem with a browser.
>>I can also connect to the Internet, with a browser, if I use a VPN.
>>Powering the router off/on resolves the problem.
>>I have looked at the Log file, but see nothing that happens at the time the "incident".
>>I have added a new windows laptop to my LAN and I am very (70% certainly) suspicious that it is causing the problem.
>>All PCs, except one, have the latest Windows 10 build. The other is a Windows 7 machine.
>>Router version V1.0.9.18_1.2.27
>>What information am I missing? How can I monitor the router's history to see what is going on?

Thanks

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JimJoat
Aspirant

To close out this thread!

• I purchased a R7000P Netgear Nighthawk AC2300. It crashed on my LAN as well, and I returned it.
  • I then connected up my old Netgear WNR3500L V2 -- Flashed with Tomato-Shibby -- and it worked fine for the two weeks I had it connected.
  • I have now flashed my R7000 router with Tomato-Shibby "tomato-R7000-ARM--132-AIO-64K".
  • This has stopped the router from crashing. It has been more than 3 weeks without any problems.
  • The fact that the R7000 and R7000P both crashed tells me that  base firmware has an issue.
  • I'll stick with Tomato, but will really have to think hard about what my next router purchase will be!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

There have been a lot of complaints about V1.0.9.18_1.2.27. I think Netgear is working on new firmware. You might want to downgrade to an older version until it's ready.
Message 2 of 4
cfields82
Guide

Are you using the 2.4ghz band? There's been lots of issues lately with it, 5ghz has been working fine though...

Message 3 of 4
JimJoat
Aspirant

To close out this thread!

• I purchased a R7000P Netgear Nighthawk AC2300. It crashed on my LAN as well, and I returned it.
  • I then connected up my old Netgear WNR3500L V2 -- Flashed with Tomato-Shibby -- and it worked fine for the two weeks I had it connected.
  • I have now flashed my R7000 router with Tomato-Shibby "tomato-R7000-ARM--132-AIO-64K".
  • This has stopped the router from crashing. It has been more than 3 weeks without any problems.
  • The fact that the R7000 and R7000P both crashed tells me that  base firmware has an issue.
  • I'll stick with Tomato, but will really have to think hard about what my next router purchase will be!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7