Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Suddenly Won't Access Certain Sites

benjman25
Aspirant

R7000 Suddenly Won't Access Certain Sites

I have had an R7000 for a little over three years, and haven't had an issue until this past week.  With the new year, my work benefits reset, and I have been trying to login to the Express Scripts website for the past several days.  Before this past week I was able to access and login to the site like usual.  Now, however, I get am directed to a landing page with an error message "Something went wrong. We can't complete your request at this time."  I noticed there were a couple other sites that wouldn't load, either, but I'm most concerned about getting my prescriptions refilled!  

I initially thought it was machine-specific, and cleared the browser history, deleting cookies, clearned the DNS cache, restarted, etc., to no avail.  However, I've narrowed the problem down to the router, because I get the same landing page and message across machines (PC, tablet, phones), but when I turn off WiFi on my phone and access through mobile data, I'm able to access the site normally without issue.  

I've powercycled the router, I've powered down and powered back up the entire network and machines, but nothing is resolving the issue.  I tried using a different MAC address, resetting to factory defaults, etc., but nothing is working. 

Please help!

Editing to add firmware is up to date (V1.0.11.110), and this only happens for a couple/few sites; most are still working normally.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
benjman25
Aspirant

Re: R7000 Suddenly Won't Access Certain Sites

Editing to add - firmware is up to date (V1.0.11.110) installed in early October.

Message 2 of 9
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Have you tried using googles dns (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4) or cloudfares at 1.1.1.1?

Message 3 of 9
benjman25
Aspirant

Hi plemans, thanks for your response.  I'm unable to tell exactly what it's plugged into; internet is provided through my condo building, so the entire building is wired with the same ISP and it's paid through the monthly dues.  

Yes, I did try Google's dns, no change.

Message 4 of 9
plemans
Guru

If you plug directly into the buildings connection with pc/laptop, can you access the site?

Message 5 of 9
benjman25
Aspirant

I'm not sure, I don't have a network cable long enough!

Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

You don't have a laptop you could move/plug in to test it? 

Reason why is where checking if its a double nat or if its the buildings setup causing issues. 

How to identify and resolve double-NAT problems | PCWorld

Message 7 of 9
benjman25
Aspirant

I had to dig my 7 year old laptop out of storage, but was able to confirm that when plugged in directly to the modem using a network cable, it was *NOT* able to load the Express Scripts site.  It was able to load other sites fine.  I restarted, cleared the cache, flushed the DNS, etc., still wouldn't load the Express Scripts site.  

Does that conclude that it's a problem with the modem or ISP, and not the router??

Thanks so much for your help!

Message 8 of 9
plemans
Guru

Yes. If directly connected,  you're still not able to access it, its something from the isp or whatever your building has managing it thats blocking it. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7