Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 - Time zone settings wrong after using Nighthawk android app

PillowMetal
Aspirant

I updated by factory resetting, updating firmware manually (no automatic update indicated), factory resetting again, and making NO changes from the default; then saw the rendering problem many refer to. Sometimes it seems to work initially, but with any refresh it goes back to its "misbehavior".

As far as the time issue, it has nothing to do with the NH app in my case, I don't even use it (it is installed but not open) - the "international line west" is always set even after I change it myself, right there on the web page interface (this even occurs in the 1.0.28 version I am currently running).

Don't know what to tell you, at this point, I am just staying on my current FW version, putting up with the incorrect time issue, and perhaps will try again when the next version comes out.

Message 26 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Might try a different browser and PC or laptop to compare. 

Is the router well air ventilated?

Might check the power adapter as well.

Message 27 of 42
Psychbum
Star

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Might try a different browser and PC or laptop to compare. 

Is the router well air ventilated?

Might check the power adapter as well.

I have exactly the same issue with the latest 

Firmware Version
V1.0.11.130_10.2.118

When logging into the router management page, the logs are always 1 hour out. And the NTP don't save when changed.

Current Time: Wednesday, 13 Apr 2022 02:25:00       

Time Zone
                  (GMT-12:00) International Date Line West                 
Automatically adjust for daylight savings time

When I change the Time zone to 

(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London              
Automatically adjust for daylight savings time

and hit apply the router reboots but reverts back to (GMT-12:00) International Date Time West

Are netgear going to acknowledge this and sort the issue?

Thanks

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 28 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 29 of 42
Ausmark
Aspirant

I'm using firmware version V1.0.11.134_10.2.119 and I am also getting this same problem.

Message 30 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

What browser are you using?

Be sure to clear out all browser caches...

@Ausmark wrote:

I'm using firmware version V1.0.11.134_10.2.119 and I am also getting this same problem.

Message 31 of 42
RealSunKa
Aspirant

I just upgraded to the latest V1.0.11.134_10.2.119, with all multiple resets before and after, and with manual setup at the end. Overall, it's all great, including with 5GHz connection (some people have issues). However, the bug from this thread wasn't fixed still: I'm unable to change or rather NTP Settings, they always return to GMT-12 after settings "applied" and the page auto-refreshed.

The only option which could be stored on this screen is "Set your preferred NTP server", but it appears saved with an empty string even though I add server to that field before clicking "Apply". Interestingly, after this page auto-refreshed with such a wrong setup (empty server address field), there is no error and everything works fine. However, when I just set my time zone and leave this option as "Use default NETGEAR NTP server" (default state) I see a red error on the top of the auto-refreshed page about no internet and unable to reach NTP server, while everything continues working fine.

I tried changing this page setting on different machines (Mac and PC) and browsers (Safari, Edge, Chrome for both Mac and PC) - the same result on all of them.

Message 32 of 42
RealSunKa
Aspirant

Could this bug be a reason for Security - Block Sites - Per Schedule doesn't work also? Even when adjusting schedule for a wrong time zone.

P.S. And this site/forum doesn't work in Safari, apparently, forced to use Chrome on Mac to post something...

Message 33 of 42
Psychbum
Star

@RealSunKa wrote:

Could this bug be a reason for Security - Block Sites - Per Schedule doesn't work also? Even when adjusting schedule for a wrong time zone.

P.S. And this site/forum doesn't work in Safari, apparently, forced to use Chrome on Mac to post something...

I use safari on Mac and no issue posting!

I have managed to use manual NTP, but I shouldn't have to. 

Message 34 of 42
MadameC
Tutor

I found a solution that worked for me...your mileage may vary.  I enabled "Location Services" for the browser I use to access my router settings webpage (also moved the slider for "Precise Location" to "on" in that Location Services menu.)  I was then able to change my time zone and daylight saving time settings to the correct settings and they have STAYED correct so far! I hope this works for you...good luck!

Message 35 of 42
MadameC
Tutor

A clarification: the process above was done on an iPad.  Your access to Location Services for your browser might be a bit different depending on your device.

Message 36 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Changing of the Time Zone should normally work if using a laptop or PC connected via ethernet or wifi to the routers web page as well. 

Message 37 of 42
RealSunKa
Aspirant

Thanks for details and desire to help!
Unfortunately, in my case this also doesn't work, same result: trying to save, processing, and still returns error about no internet connection to access NTP server, which is left default (and while internet is fine).
However, I found that a workaround for disabling internet at night - it could be done over Wireless Settings just with necessary adjustment for incorrect device time.

Message 38 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Happens with different browsers?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Try this with the router disconnected from the ISP modem/ONT and change the NTP settings. 

@RealSunKa wrote:

Thanks for details and desire to help!
Unfortunately, in my case this also doesn't work, same result: trying to save, processing, and still returns error about no internet connection to access NTP server, which is left default (and while internet is fine).
However, I found that a workaround for disabling internet at night - it could be done over Wireless Settings just with necessary adjustment for incorrect device time.

Message 39 of 42
RealSunKa
Aspirant

>>What browser are you using? Happens with different browsers?

Yes, as I mentioned above I tried it on all available browsers (Safari, Chrome, Edge) and platforms (Mac, PC, iPad) - result is the same.

>>What Firmware version is currently loaded?

V1.0.11.134_10.2.119, latest one, I guess.

>>What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

ZOOM TELEPHONICS DOCSIS 3.0 5341-00-00J 343Mbps Cable Modem

Pretty old one, and I also suspect that the issue could be cause of it (as nothing else left :), and because of that strange error message).

>>Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Try this with the router disconnected from the ISP modem/ONT and change the NTP settings

Yes, reset(s) and setup from scratch has been performed - all needed/possible steps from instructions above (or similar thread).

Just tried with router disconnected from the modem and got the same error (and not saved time zone): "Warning: Ther router is failed to connect to NTP server, please check your Internet connectivity or try another NTP server" - exactly like this, with "Ther" misspelled. So, no difference, which I guess also proves that the problem is in connection of router to modem or their understanding of each other.

I just don't want to upgrade modem for now as it works well, even though Xfinity call it "Unsupported" now (could be a reason). And I will try next modem firmware when it will be released, because since my last post it looks like I see some very rare but instability in 5G connection (2G works great).

Message 40 of 42
RealSunKa
Aspirant

Oh, I see newer FW now in the "R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.11.136" thread.

Message 41 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to try. A factory reset and setup from scratch is recommended after you load it up. 

@RealSunKa wrote:

Oh, I see newer FW now in the "R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.11.136" thread.

Message 42 of 42
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 41 replies
  • 18 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7