Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Traffic Meter - does admin have to be logged on each device to have it monitor traffic

r7000_nooby
Aspirant

R7000 Traffic Meter - does admin have to be logged on each device to have it monitor traffic

Does the admin have to be logged in 24/7 on each device to have the traffic meter do it's job? Desktop, 2 laptops, 2 iPads. latest firmware update installed recently. Desktop and laptops are WIndows 10 and /or windows 7. 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: R7000 Traffic Meter - does admin have to be logged on each device to have it monitor traffic

No. Nothing has to be logged in. The router does its own thing.

But don't expect to get individual measurements. It lumps all clients together into one grand total.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

Re: R7000 Traffic Meter - does admin have to be logged on each device to have it monitor traffic

No. Nothing has to be logged in. The router does its own thing.

But don't expect to get individual measurements. It lumps all clients together into one grand total.

Message 2 of 4
r7000_nooby
Aspirant

Thanks, one grand total is good. I am trying to ‘sort of’ double check my ISP’s data usage, and that will get me close I think. I know it won’t be same as theirs, but anything is better than a 3rd party app on each device.

i also think I got the ‘email’ me a log figured out.

again thanks!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
IrvSp
Master

My R7000 is not in service but the R8000 that replaced is similar. In the R8000 I discovered that if you enable QoS and look at ATTACHED DEVICES it will show DOWN and UP numbers for each device. Give it a try, but to me QoS can really cause other problems for you, especially if you have high speed service (seems like 100Mbps or higher).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7