R7000-V1.0.9.32_10.2.34.chk seems really buggy after install

Apprentice

R7000-V1.0.9.32_10.2.34.chk seems really buggy after install

I did not do a factory reset syet but the latest firmware seems really buggy. OpenVPN doenst work on Windows. Havent tried Android yet as I spent a day trying to reconfigure many IOT devices that used to run smoothly. 

Seems like other folks have trouble as well. Has this worked flawlessfly for anyone? If so di you do a factor reset? I cant decide whether to waste more time on the latest version or just revert back to what works. In either case seems OpenVPN was not fixed so why upgrade to the latest firmware when it is so buggy?

Want to hear your details. Thanks in advance.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R7000-V1.0.9.32_10.2.34.chk seems really buggy after install

@96708 wrote:

I did not do a factory reset ..

Not much point in continuing this discussion then.

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E