Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 WAN Port Not Working - Use LAN as alternate?

WaterOz
Aspirant

R7000 WAN Port Not Working - Use LAN as alternate?

I have a problem with my R7000. The WAN port is dead. I've been using it in access point mode for quite some time plugged into one of my LAN ports, but I need to turn it back into a primary router. Is it possible to run it in router mode off of a LAN port, or am I out of options and need to replace the router? Past the WAN port, everything else works great. Thanks!
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
coolguy949
Apprentice

Re: R7000 WAN Port Not Working - Use LAN as alternate?

Ive never used Merlin but I believe you need to enable dual WAN mode and just use the secondary interface for your main WAN while leaving the other unplugged.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
coolguy949
Apprentice

WaterOz, some 3rd party firmwares allow you to reassign the WAN port. Check out XVortex's buiild of Merlin: http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/asuswrt-merlin-on-netgear-r7000.71108/

Message 2 of 6
WaterOz
Aspirant

Any idea how to do that through Merlin? I don't see how
Message 3 of 6
coolguy949
Apprentice

Ive never used Merlin but I believe you need to enable dual WAN mode and just use the secondary interface for your main WAN while leaving the other unplugged.
Message 4 of 6
WaterOz
Aspirant

That did it and worked!

Thank you!

(Side note, my router seems to be performing much better on Merlin that it had been before... so that's a plus!)

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Mine too, other than loosing at the settings Once while I was using/playing around with Dual WAN it's been great.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7