R7000 WPA2 Enterprise is not work on Laptop with windows 10

areffat
Aspirant

R7000 WPA2 Enterprise is not work on Laptop with windows 10

Hi,

I have problem , when setup WPA2 Enterprise on R7000. After set it up, my phone can access to login with user name and password but in my laptop just show normal tab to input sercurity key, not require user name or password like on the phone.

I have the last frimware version ,I already setup the same thing on Linksys router, and it show the tab to require user name and password, and work fine on the laptop

Could you please show me how to fix it?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
IrvSp
Master

Re: R7000 WPA2 Enterprise is not work on Laptop with windows 10

Not sure what is going on? Looks like a WPS connection possibly as the bottom says you can use the button to connect?

Help for the Enterprise (at least on my R8000 that is similar to the R7000) shows this, "WPA/WPA2 Enterprise - It supports 802.1x authentication, not for home use, you must have a RADIUS server in your network." Do you have a RADIUS server?

What happens when you enter the 'security key' (which might be the WPS Pin even) or the password? Possible I guess the Laptop saved the router address and tried to connect already and had the wrong password? Did you get any errors?

Message 2 of 4
areffat
Aspirant

• Sure I have RADIUS server and installed correctly, I had 20 Linksys Access point with wpa enterprise work fine until now with all phones and windows , I want to install more Access points in my network so I Bought  Net gear 7000 because I  heard that it is good brand, I configured the Net gear Access point well with WPA enterprise  ,and it works fine with all phone models , Except windows pcs,
  • Laptop not save any address , I tried with fresh windows installed
  • When I use wps pin (says wrong password) ,and there is no error messages
  • When I searched on internet about this problem , I found another customer sent the same problem before , to you can check  this link  

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-WPA2-Enterprise-is-not-work-on-Laptop/...

I need your help in that case

Message 3 of 4
IrvSp
Master

Well since that other thread had no answer, I'd think the best thing to do is contact Netgear Support for help? I am a 'normal' user like you and have no special help capabilities. Only Moderators can do something and those members have a NetGear icon next to their names.

Since the other thread seems to be just like your problem but 3 years old, I'd guess it is a firmware problem that never has been fixed. Quite possible that there is a simple fix with WPS being turned off,  don't know if you have it on or not? The prompt you show it seems is generated by WPS as it mentions you can use the button?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E